Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

losi 8 t upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
btownbasser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi 8 t upgrades

tell me what you would upgrade. I already plan on servos.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Oasis TR

Default RE: losi 8 t upgrades

Is it an RTR ?? If your planning on replacing the servos i'm guessing it is..I would change the clutch set up and put in 4 shoes, take the diffs apart and put diff fluid in them..(I was of the understanding that the RTR's had grease it them..The Race Rollers have diff fluid)..other than that I would not put money into this Truggy on hop ups unless I broke or bent something..None of the pros that I saw ran the aluminium chassis braces on their 8ights..maybe the aluminum center bearing holders..99% of the hop ups are not going to make your truggy faster, a bit more durable..yes..I would spend your money on tires, a better pipe..a better motor down the road, but for now it really doesn't need them..unless you just like staring at your "Bling Bling"..King Headz makes some nice stuff..nice lookin shock towers..black..
Old 01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
btownbasser

I am not concerned about bling bling just want a good product. My goal is to get it race ready then once i upgrade the basics i will put a better engine in but i will start with pipe now what brand do you suggest.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
steve307b

I have an 8-t also and the 427 engine works great at my local track. It is a fairly tight track with jumps, whoops and one long strait. I did want to put a new pipe on though. Partialy for bling and maybe some low performance. Would you suggest the jammin jp-1 for low end or something else? Thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: btownbasser

I am not concerned about bling bling just want a good product. My goal is to get it race ready then once i upgrade the basics i will put a better engine in but i will start with pipe now what brand do you suggest.
Just an opinion but I feel it's race ready now..lol..For the pipe I would look at an RPM pipe the 427 has pretty good bottom end power, Maybe a Dynamite Platinum 086, Dynamite Platinum 1/8 053 MidRange, OFNA Jammin JP-2, OFNA Jammin JP-6 (high RPM pipe), RD Logics High Performance 1/8 Off Road Tuned Pipe..I would try the 086 it's under $55 and they do look and work good..

Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
losi101

The 8-t doesn't really need anything. I never broke anything on mine when i raced it. I ran the JP-2 with my 427 and it woke up a little bit throughout the power band. There wasn't that much of a difference from it and the .21's everyone was running. Our straight wasn't that long. The only extras parts I kept in stock were the hub hinge pins and one driveshaft. The front tie rods tend to pop off but you can fix that by shaving a little plastic off the end.

I never burnt out a servo although some people at the track went through 2 or 3 in one day.
I got rid of my 8t because it kept destroying ring and pinions in the rear.