Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Best RTR truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:56 AM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best RTR truggy?

Who do you think makes the best RTR truggy overall, to me meaning it can race and handle a good bash?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
ASATRUGGYFAN

Default RE: Best RTR truggy?

Probably the Losi 8ight-T RTR (prices from A-Main) at $499 with a Spektrum radio, a good RTR motor (427), decent set of tires, roto-start (I hate pull starts) and based off a proven platform. The Associated RC8T-RS $589 and the Jammin X2-CRT RTR $579 are others worth looking at but with Losi your get a little more for your money in my opinion, the three are pretty equal (PLATFORM, TIRES, ROTO-START) but the Losi has a better motor and radio for less $$$$$$. If you are on a tight budget the Caster K8-T RTR $350 (at Holeshot Hobbies) is a underated Truggy especially at that price. Hope that helps rccarman, with all that said any of those 4 you could be relatively competitive at the club racing level if you are just getting started.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:30 PM
rccarman81

Well then, I'll start looking into the Jammin because I have already bought a product from Losi and it was that great at all. But then again it was in a totally different category. And im also unfamiliar with Team Associated, and the prices are quite high. So for now I will stick with the Jammin and the Losi, I'll give Losi another chance.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Chris_RC

If it was a mini or 1/10 RTR Losi I know why you werent too impressed. But with Losi 8th scales they are a ton better.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:23 AM
ket2175

For me I think is the Hobao Hyper ST, cheap and good durable. And the part can be found easily.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
DWkyosho

Agree on the HoBao Hyper ST... solid truggy and great parts support.
NitroHouse has for $369
Looked at the Losi 8ight-T also... either is a good truggy and a great buy.