Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need Help Please...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
For_The_Win

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Please...

Hello all.

So ive been in the rc world for two years with electric and im finally going to go NITRO[X(]!!!! So the track i so to is mostly made for 1/8 buggy and truggy and some Mt's or the brushless elec.

So I need help trying to find out a good starter car for me. I have the Team Associated electric B4. But i am willing to try other companies. The people at my track said to get something there are parts for and try and get 4wd sence its easier(this I know). So I was thinking about these.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPZK5&P=0 And dosent hpi make this company?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPAC9&P=0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRUS1&P=0

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXV1&P=0

As you can see im trying to keep it under 350. So any comments or help is VERY appreciated..

Thanks kevin
Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Help Please...

Well first you have to decide - buggy, or truggy?..

I like truggies better.

My advice would be a Team Losi 8T RTR(or 8B if it has to be a buggy..) Somebody here can tell you where they are going cheapest..

When it comes to racing, well.................................... if you're going to be a bear.., be a grizzly.. It makes more sense in the long-term, and that's how you have to look at it. I.e. I'm afraid you're going to have to up your budget. The 8T would be a great place to start. Top quality truck, with good engine, starter, top radio, etc..

If you just go for the cheapest, you'll end up either 1.) quitting, having wasted the 300 bucks you spent, or 2.) just end up getting a top-line rig later on anyway, thus having spent more over the long term(and still wasting the first 300 bucks..) Sucks I know, but that is how it works in RC I'm afraid. Especially racing..
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 AM
For_The_Win

Yeah. I understand. But im still stuck on weither to get a Team AE Gt2 sence i have tools and im used to there cars or go with a buggy like the Rc8.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

New RC8T RTR would sure be nice.. I have the RC8T kit - and it's killer... Check out amain - with the discount code you might come away not tooooo bad price-wise... Also have a used RC8.. Not too into buggies, but so far so good...

If that's just out of the question, look into the Thunder Tiger ST-1... A better price you're not likely to find. They're tough as nails too..
Old 03-08-2009, 07:10 PM
losi101

Dude I would go to the GT2. I've seen to many times where new nitro enthusiast try to start off fast and jump straight into the most complicated and advanced class only to get feed up trying to tune, spending money on broken parts and losing. They end up selling all there stuff because of frustration.

I would start off slow so if you don't like it you won't have so much invested in it.

It's up to you though.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: losi101

Dude I would go to the GT2. I've seen to many times where new nitro enthusiast try to start off two fast and jump straight into the most complicated and advanced class only to get faid up trying to tune, spending money on broken parts and loosing. They end up selling all there stuff because of frustration.

I would start off slow so if you don't like it you won't have so much invested in it.

It's up to you though.

Yeah I think thats what im going to get. I know my bro has a Gt and its fast. So ill get the gt2 and if i want a better motor ill just put a better .12 or 15.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
losi101

I hear this thing is a beast.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16268
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
pyromania
My Feedback: (1)

Wow your track still runs gas truck? Anyways if you are interested in 1/8th racing, I will have to agree with HerrSavage. Get something that has a proven racing platform. Most guys are selling their old kits and getting the new ones, so you can get a really good deal on a race ready roller. Ask around your track and see of someone is selling their buggy or truggy.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 AM
losi101

ORIGINAL: pyromania

Wow your track still runs gas truck? Anyways if you are interested in 1/8th racing, I will have to agree with HerrSavage. Get something that has a proven racing platform. Most guys are selling their old kits and getting the new ones, so you can get a really good deal on a race ready roller. Ask around your track and see of someone is selling their buggy or truggy.

Gas truck is dying at our track also. Just like the monster truck did. We now have nearly 4 heats of truggies and buggies.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
dkastil

Start shopping around on ebay this is a great time to get deals I have seen verry nice used losi8 rollers sell for $120.00 and new for $299.00 to $350.00 and yesterday I saw a rtr losi8t go for $300.00 in great shape, the cash you will spend in broken parts on a 1/10 will bridge the gap in price to the 1/8 in no time .
Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 AM
xxxkat

Yea the 1/10 gas truck is pretty much dead..the factory is not really suporting that class anymore. For good reasons, 1/8 scale truggy is more fun, tougher..