Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

NEW BACK YARD TRACK!!!!!!.

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

NEW BACK YARD TRACK!!!!!!.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Phildo10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW BACK YARD TRACK!!!!!!.

Since I decided to keep my Losi 8ight T, I figured I should have a place to drive it. I am having some buddies over to race in the morning Ill try and get some video action. Its kinda small, but should be fun. Probably bug the crap out of the neighbors. Most people have dog poop and grass in thier back yards, but I wanted a track.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Phildo10

Default RE: New back yard track.

Here are a couple more.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:51 PM
rageworks

Nice track Phildo10. I hope no ones radio fails down the
strait. Cinderblock walls don't give when you hit them.
Ha! Ha! Been there,Done that!!!!........
Old 03-15-2009, 08:12 AM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

thats a sick track!! how long did that take you?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Phildo10

Thanks, It took me about 9 hours total. This morning I am very sore [sm=cry_smile.gif]. If I would have had a wheelbarrow it would have only taken 5 or 6 hours. I cant wait to race on it. I am going down to Home Depot to get some wood to make a starting rail before my buddies get here. I am also thinking of getting some 5" PVC to do the borders.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Phildo10

Thanks, It took me about 9 hours total. This morning I am very sore [sm=cry_smile.gif]. If I would have had a wheelbarrow it would have only taken 5 or 6 hours. I cant wait to race on it. I am going down to Home Depot to get some wood to make a starting rail before my buddies get here. I am also thinking of getting some 5" PVC to do the borders.

a roll of weaping tile would be cheeper then 100+Feet of PVC...and Would last alot longer too i would think.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Phildo10

I dont know what weaping tile is, what type of store would I get that at?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
INTEGRA

Home depot, Lowes most of the store's like that will have it....as per the price...we'll im not too sure.

weaping tile is the black stuff that we make the lanes and stuff out of at most Pro built tracks....it comes in other color's as well i should not say black is the only color...here's Yellow.

this was also a backyard track to a Kyosho sponsored driver...but since his wife and him split...everything's been sold and dis-mantled.....quite a shame i must say...as the layout was UBER fun to run...dispite needing a personal marshall during personal practice....Unless you Brian B.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Phildo10

Thats one hell of a track!!!!!!! I found that stuff on Homedepot.com i think. Its the same price as PVC, but your right, it would be way better.

Is this the same stuff?
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90006+502527
Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 AM
kevinmansouri

Dude, love the track. Did you bring in a bunch of topsoil? That dirt looks clean, not much rocks. Just get ready for your wife to start *****ing when your buddies are over 24/7. Now just add some light so that you can keep driving after sunset. Looks really nice!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:18 AM
INTEGRA

Thats one hell of a track!!!!!!! I found that stuff on Homedepot.com i think. Its the same price as PVC, but your right, it would be way better.

Is this the same stuff?
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...3+90006+502527

bad link.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Phildo10

Huh, the link works on my computer. Its a link to a 4" flexable drainage pipe. $45.99 for a 100' roll.

There were a BUNCH of rocks, I raked them all out after forming all the jumps and before packing. I didnt bring in any soil, just moved the dirt in my yard around and dug it. My side yard looks like crap with a big pile of rocks and weeds. [8D]
The lights might be coming, Ill see how it goes. Lights would be nice for the summer time for sure!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Phildo10

Here is my starting rail, I havent decided what I am going to border it with yet.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
dkastil

INTEGRA that is a sick setup and to top it off a private lake that is a dream .
Old 03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
losi101

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

This is the best track i've ever say. This is almost like a dream. Nice track, nice green field and a lake/pond. OMG!!! I would not want to leave that place.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
losi101

Since I decided to keep my Losi 8ight T, I figured I should have a place to drive it. I am having some buddies over to race in the morning Ill try and get some video action. Its kinda small, but should be fun. Probably bug the crap out of the neighbors. Most people have dog poop and grass in thier back yards, but I wanted a track.

This is hardcore. Really. You might want to spend some time with your neighbors before you start running on that thing.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
INTEGRA

Ya its a shame its gone.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
IL2mSturmovik

Ya its a shame its gone.
NO DOUBT!!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Junier00

Nice track. We just made our own track in a friends backyard. We can't get enough of driving, and you get some exercise too when you marshal your own car all day
Old 03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
steve307b

Phildo, your track is very cool, but your neighborhood (track home) looks kind of like mine and my neighbors would not have it. Anyways good luck with it and hopefully you guys get some drive time without too much complaining
Old 03-16-2009, 01:12 AM
losi101

ORIGINAL: steve307b

Phildo, your track is very cool, but your neighborhood (track home) looks kind of like mine and my neighbors would not have it. Anyways good luck with it and hopefully you guys get some drive time with too much complaining
That's what I was saying. Here is an idea. That subdivision looks kind of tight and that would make the yards small. Tell them you'll cut their grass for free and you'll be off the track by 8pm. It might work but iff one of those families have a baby in the house you can forget about it.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
INTEGRA

worst case scenario you run EFRA 3XXX pipes....they are significantly less noisy then say a OFNA 086 but im still sure would break the barrier on noise pollution even in the middle of the day......run em till the cops come i say. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Phildo10

3 of the 5 houses that surround me are empty. Of the 2 that are occupied, one lady leaves her flippin dog outside yalping until midnight (payback [sm=punching.gif]) The other house is my neighbor to the left, and they are pretty cool. I am looking into a brushless conversion for my 8ight T. The exhaust from 3 cars running back there at the same time is overwhelming, the fence just traps it in.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Phildo10

Here is a short video, Not the best, but its my first video. Both the other guys trucks broke before we shot video. One broke his starter (Savage), and the other lost a bolt that holds the rear hub assembly on (old school kyosho).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3fwp...layer_embedded

Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
aero750rider

Home depot, Lowes most of the store's like that will have it....as per the price...we'll im not too sure.

weaping tile is the black stuff that we make the lanes and stuff out of at most Pro built tracks....it comes in other color's as well i should not say black is the only color...here's Yellow.

this was also a backyard track to a Kyosho sponsored driver...but since his wife and him split...everything's been sold and dis-mantled.....quite a shame i must say...as the layout was UBER fun to run...dispite needing a personal marshall during personal practice....Unless you Brian B.

THAT IS ONE KICK ASS TRACK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.