Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 RC8T Crashed - Need part/hop-up advice >

RC8T Crashed - Need part/hop-up advice

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RC8T Crashed - Need part/hop-up advice

Old 03-17-2009, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8T Crashed - Need part/hop-up advice

I mangled my RC8T. I have to put everything on a new chassis and replace a bunch of parts. So...

Should I put in some different clutch springs while I have the engine off? The stock are 1.0, how about 2 x 1.0 and 1 x 1.1, or go a tad softer with 2 x 1.0 and 1 x .9?

How about Kings headz chassis braces? The stock ones didn't work worth a crap, but they are suppose to allow for flex, however important that is.
[link=http://www.kingheads.com/index.php?cPath=17_58&sort=4a&page=4]Kings Headz[/link]

Any other suggestions?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:54 AM

Default RE: RC8T Crashed - Need part/hop-up advice

for clutch it depends on the motor and conditions you run in......as for the Chassis braces....they are there to allow flex which is a good thing....essentially the more the chassis flexes the more your wheel's are in contact with the ground....on a Super Flat Smooth hard packed track you can get away with a stuffer chassis...but for the most part you want the chassis to flex.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM

As far as the clutch springs go, it depends on how you want the truck to accelerate. If you liked the way is accelerated before the crash, keep with 1.0 springs. If you want more punch off the line, go up to 1.1 springs on a shoe or two. I would not recommend 0.9 springs for truggies because they will cause the clutch to engage too early and bog the engine down during acceleration. Also, go with aluminum shoes. They will give you more punch and last longer that composite shoes.

If you don't like the stock brace, then go with the King Headz brace. I haven't tried them but everyone who runs them swears by them.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 PM

I thought with a truggy (if u use a good 28) you would be better off with .9 springs.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 PM

I run .9's on my JPX.21 M2C set-up in my 8ight-T just fine.....Clutch stall depends more so on the motor.....a powerful .28 does NOT need any clutch stall to help it in the bottom...you want to stall it as Little as possible without the clutch dragging....if you want more stall go to a lighter shoe.