Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi 8ight-T 2.0 Brushless Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi 8ight-T 2.0 Brushless Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM
yfzracer912

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 8ight-T 2.0 Brushless Conversion

So how do you like the tekin motor vs the mamba?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 AM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: losifiend

Nice Conversion! I had an 8ight-B that I converted using the Losi kit and a Novak 6.5 HV. It was plenty fast with 3s and a 15T pinion but I'm just not a buggy guy so I sold it. I bought a used 8ight-T with the funds collected and am hopeing that it gets here soon so I can start the conversion.

Still dont know what motor/esc I'll be using as I'm tracking a few on ebay. I'm on dissability right now and funds are limited.

What track do you run your tuggy at? I noticed you're from L.A. Do you run at Revelation or is it too far from you?

As far as the expense of Nitro VS Electric I too was hessitant at first but found a good deal on a few 2s lipos and 1 3s as well. I found though that 20c is a bit low for 1/8 scale brushless though. My 2s and 3s Maxamp LiPos would come off pretty hot, 120*, even with a 12T pinoon on the buggy. I bring this up because the cost of a 30c battery greatly increases even for the cheapest liPos on the market and is defenitly a cost to consider when concerting. But then again at $30 a gallon, considering a .28 motor gobbles up tons of fuel, $150 for even the cheapest 3s 30c battery is'nt that bad considering you'll get an average of 150-200 cycles out of it.

In my experience I have found that MaxAmps LiPos suck compared to Reedy LiPos. I have one of each, 5000mah 20c , and in my VXL Slash the Reedy LiPo will flip it backwards with no problems while the MaxAmps one just squats it down really hard. IMO MaxAmps is over priced and over rated.

Now I view buying LiPos as if I were to buy a case of fuel at a time.
the price on 20c AND 25c have come way down. You should check hobby city. I pay 60ish for a 4s1p 5000mAh 25c pack, and they last and run great on my 8ight-t conversion. batteries never get over 100f and thats with monster mamba 2200kv 48t/15t
Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 AM
lomdel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to know which manufacturer's e-conversion for the 8ight T 2.0 would you guys prefer, Losi's own, Novak or Tekno's?