Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which one???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
ztripp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one???

Hey Guys! I'm getting into the 1/8th scale offroad scene. I've been racing 1/10th onroad scene for a while. So, I went to The Nitro Pit (really nice track) and checked with them. They were all really cool and gave me some help. Everyone races all the major named cars out there (Mainly Losi). I wanted to start off by getting an RTR for now then upgrading when parts either break or when I get more cash. I was looking into 3 RTR's and wanted your opinion? Pro's/Con's or any ideas. I want to eventually race and NOT BASH around. Thanks in advanced!!!!!

RC8T RS RTR
8ight RTR
Jammin X2 RTR

Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which one???

IMO any of those 3 will be very good. Those are the top 3 truggys in the race scene at the moment.

If it were me I'd probably go X2 or RC8T because they're slightly more durable and you can freely bash with them also. Just go with whichever is supported by your LHS and is cost effective.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
DS

the rc8t or x2 are the most up to date rtr truggy, i would go with either those 2
Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 PM
ztripp

Cool thanks guys. My LHS supports both of these cars and so does the Nitro Pit (I have 4 within 15 miles). So parts shouldn't be an issue. I was leaning towards the RC8T. Also, besides here, AMAIN, Nitrohouse and RCplant where else can I look for these car at a decent price?

Thanks again!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
DS

I think amain will be your best bet because you can you a $25 coupon off, just get the codes...Rc8t all the way
Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

I don't have an RC8T but I do have the ST-1. It's basically an updated ST-1 (Thunder Tiger owns AE). Diffs are the exact same, and I confirmed it to be sure by putting all "RC8T" diffs in my ST-1 on this weekend's build. Parts are identical, just rebranded. So if they're on back order, go with ST-1 diffs, or if you wanna save a few bucks. As for the rest of the truggy it's very similar to the ST-1 just updated. If it's durability is anything like the ST-1, you won't be able to break it! Good luck with your new truck man!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
myrc

In the short run you will get rack time up front with the RTR especially if you dont have funds.But since you have raced on road you probaly have a decent radio,glow ignitors and such.If you bought a kit all you would need is good servos and motor and pipe,starter box.Everyone needs parts either with RTR or kit. Good luck in whatever decision you make.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
ztripp

Thanks again guys!!! I just have one more question? What is the big difference between the RC8 and the RC8T? Of course, the T is the truggy wider stance and better handling and the other is the buggie a little to get use too. I checked the features and the only thing different which I know can make a difference is that the RC8T has Big Bore (composite) shocks versus Anodized shocks. Is it worth me saving almost $100 and get the buggy versus the truggy. I was thinking I could use that $100 to either upgrade or save for when parts break. Let me know and thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM
xxxkat

ORIGINAL: Eganwp

I don't have an RC8T but I do have the ST-1. It's basically an updated ST-1 (Thunder Tiger owns AE). Diffs are the exact same, and I confirmed it to be sure by putting all "RC8T" diffs in my ST-1 on this weekend's build. Parts are identical, just rebranded. So if they're on back order, go with ST-1 diffs, or if you wanna save a few bucks. As for the rest of the truggy it's very similar to the ST-1 just updated. If it's durability is anything like the ST-1, you won't be able to break it! Good luck with your new truck man!
You are not even close on this one..they do share some parts but that's as far as it goes..The RC8 was designed by Associated with input from the team drivers..Did you notice the differences in the front..The ST1 uses a pillow ball front end and the Associated uses a C hub front end..If what your claiming was true why were the Team drivers using the Kyosho ST-RR and not using the ST1? The RC8 shares more design ideas with the ST-RR than it does with the ST1..
Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
ztripp

So should I get the RC8 ($100 cheaper and upgrade parts later) or the RC8T?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
dominicevans

well its acording to if you have a smooth area to bash or a rougher area OR
if you want to race truggy or buggy class

you have to first decide if you want a truggy or a buggy
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
sdp30

rc8t is an awesome race right out of the box plus it is compatible with all factory team parts as well
Old 03-27-2009, 10:04 AM
ztripp

Thanks guys. I don't want to bash at all. I want to work my way up to racing (club). My local track runs both buggies and truggies. I am assuming that the truggy will have a wider stance to help out handling. The Nitro Pit is the track I was talking about. I just didn't know if a RC8T was better then a RC8 since the RC8 is about $100 cheaper.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
dominicevans

well you cant compare them really....truggies are easier to drive n more forgiving while a buggies are more agile n a little faster

just have a look at a race and choose the one u like best
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
ztripp

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

well you cant compare them really....truggies are easier to drive n more forgiving while a buggies are more agile n a little faster

just have a look at a race and choose the one u like best

...NICE!!! Thanks bro!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
ztripp

Alright!!! I went ahead and GOT a truggy it's an...............X2!!! The person that owners my LHS and sold me the X2 is a friend of mine that I didn't even know owned it. I just ran into him a couple of days before I bought it. He sold it to me at cost + 10% . HELL yeah thanks my man!!! Will follow up later. Thanks again guys I appreicate it.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pics!