Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFNA Hyper ST or CEN Matrix TR Arena??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFNA Hyper ST or CEN Matrix TR Arena??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 AM
fox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Hyper ST or CEN Matrix TR Arena??

looking into buying a truggy to get more into racing than just bashing with MT's. these are the two i have narrowed it down to within my price range. (OFNA-Hobao Hyper ST or CEN Matrix TR) which would you pick and why? any likes/dislikes i should know about before purchasing? either one have a tempermental engine or some bad design? let me know! thanks for the help!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 AM
pyromania
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OFNA Hyper ST or CEN Matrix TR Arena??

None of the ones you mentioned.

Are you looking for a RTR or Kit?

Since you are interested in racing, you may want to get a pro kit. Right now you can get an 8ight-t 1.0 roller on ebay for cheap and parts are everywhere. You will eventually start upgrading an RTR to pro kit status, so why not get the better one in the first place.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:32 AM
fox23

im looking for an RTR just to get started, and i wont be racing hardcore in leagues or anything like that, just ripping around in the parks and the odd visit to the bmx/rc track.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:51 AM
pyromania

Whats your budget?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:03 AM
fox23

under $500
Old 04-14-2009, 01:15 AM
pyromania

Than you are good to go. Search ebay or check out the classifieds. I would say get a 8ight 1.0 rtr or go with other brands such as associated or jammin.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 AM
feo

I cant speak for the Hyper, as Ive never owned one. I do have a Matrix though, and I love it. The large braces can get in the way sometimes, but it really isnt too bad. Easy break in. Runs well most of the time. But thats probably my fault Id upgrade the electronics, as you regularly do on rtr's. Id also replace the upper bell crank as it seems that the plastic one tends to break.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
fox23

ya i knew someone with a matrix that broke that bell crank a few times. anyone else?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 PM
stagga

jammin X2 RTR is $509.99 on amain...lookin at more for shipping...thats prob the only RTR i would get on the market. the hyper st pro kit is decent tho...i wouldn't go for the hyper RTR
Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
fox23

ya but add shipping, then convert to canadian and its well over $600. the matrix goes for $460 and the hyper st goes for $520 at my LHS.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

hi i just bought a hyper st rtr. but not the red, black and white one you see in most adds. at nitrohouse they have the rtr for $379.00 plus shipp and tax. wound up paying less than $400.00 the only thing about the st rtr or the pro is theres no sealed box for the reciver battery. and the manuel doesnt tell you nothin. i dont know if i go the defected manuel but there isnt even a word in it. no intro, no radio description, no matenience tips, no setting for the high speed needle, low speed needle, or idle speed. no break-in instructions. nothing. i like my st but i was kinda disapointed bout the manuel. about the tr i want a tr aeana too.they look lie a pretty nice little package, but if i were you id save for the next 2 to 4 months adding to that $500.00 you already got and get the 8ight-t 2.0 rtr when they come out. they will be the greatest rtr truggy on the market or ever built. anyway now im excited. he he he, clay unruh
Old 04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
fox23

cool, thanks for the info. i just priced it out from nitro house to canada. turned out to be $423 USD shipped, therefore $513.92 in canadian dollars, and once i add the duty fee from the border it will end up being more for the one at the LHS. anyone else get ripped off with their hyper st manual?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:39 AM
vyt666

you're asking between those 2 truggies and the others where saying losi's jammin,ae ***!
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
pyromania

Now that the 8ight-t 2.0 rtr is coming out, I would wait a while and save up some more money in the mean time. The 2.0 rtr is going to be the best rtr package ever and will outperform any of the truggies you mentioned.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
fox23

haha well... i was in the LHS today picking up some parts for my other truck and i asked the guy working what he would say about the truggies they had under $500 and he mentioned that they are trying to get rid of some truggies because aparently theres not a market for them here and they've had them for a while. so after talking with him, he said he could give me the hyper st or the matrix for cost, but they didnt have any matrix's in stock so i bought the hyper st. it was a pretty smoking deal so im pumped for it, i sealed the engine up and got it all preped for break in tomorrow