Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Mechanical Fail Safe..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM
rcdriv3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical Fail Safe..?

So I have heard about electronic fail safe and know that they only cost about 20 bucks and some recommend and some say don't bother. I recently had my truggy go WOT into the curb and after some postings, someone mentioned about putting a mechanical fail safe on the throttle servo. I was just curious if anyone had tips on how to do this or even better, some pictures that they could post of the mechanical fail safe setup on their rig. thanks for any help.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:56 PM
INTEGRA

Default RE: Mechanical Fail Safe..?

electronic failsafe and mechanical fail safe have 2 different intended purposes....the electronic part is for Glitch's and Frequency bandits and or dead batteries.....a mechanical is when the linkage itself fails...say the ball end pops off the carb slide....a spring or rubber band would return the carb to idle while a electronical fail safe would do NOTHING as there's Nothing attached to the carb itself.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
losi101

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamite-Throttl...3286.m20.l1116

I've been using one of these for a couple of years. One end hooks around the carb arm and the other around the HSN. It hasn't failed me yet. Get it? ..........Hasn't.....failed.....me.......yet...... . Anyway, it works.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:04 PM
rcdriv3r

sweet thanks for the info, just what i needed to see. ill pick one up asap. ... and yes i got that it hasn't failed you yet, very clever

oh by the way what is the HSN?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 AM
losi101

HSN "High speed needle"