Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New guy here!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here!

Hi all, new guy here from Washington DC currently living in Waldorf MD. I am totally new at this RC thing and hope to find a home that would be comfortable where I can learn more about the cars and even maybe join up with a team. I have an uncle who introduced me to this hobby a few years back and I finally decided to go out and get one and i must admit I AM LOVING IT! He has about 7 or 8 cars/trucks 2 of them which goes 125mph. He also has a helicopter that's bad ass. Myself I bought the Jato 3.3 top speed 65mph which I love dearly. I look forward to being here and learning more. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Me and a buddy are also trying to build or own dirt track. Wish us luck!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80554.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1188890  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New guy here!

Welcome to the hobby, this area you have posted in is for Truggies. There is another area for Jatos and Traxxas kits. ill post the link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_251/tt.htm

Old 04-29-2009, 10:58 AM

Thanks I appreciate it. Glad someone took the time to gear me in the right direction.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:46 PM

NP, if you are looking to have some fun, you should look into getting a truggy of some sort. 1/8 scale racing/ bashing is so much more fun then 1/10th scale in my opinion. Duratrax makes a 1/8 scale Truggy and Buggy. Truggy is called Raze ST and its $199 ready to run with tons of hop ups, the Buggy is called Raze. Here are a few links to check it out. Truggies are really blowing up. They are so popular and fun. Not that Jatos arent.

RCU Review of the Raze ST Truggy. http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=955

Raze Buggy: http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd76.html

Both are great starter 1/8 scale choices. I have 2 Raze ST's.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:38 AM

Thanks! I have the Jato 3.3 going 65mph. I am no rookie at driving and handling the cars however im not very knowledgeable on the mechanics side. Are these cars just as fast that you mentioned? What's the top speed???
Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 AM

these cars arent really for speed, they are made for offroad tracks. look at some you tube videos of truggy races. its more technical. if you arent a rookie driver you will appreciate the skill u have to have to navigate a technical track.