Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

ofna mutilator??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 PM
RRoyPP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna mutilator??

My LHS has the ofna mutilator RTR for $379. This the new version with the C-hub front end. Looking for opinions good or bad. I did some searching and found the original version's opinions to be so so. What about the ne wversion?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
bhcvc

Default RE: ofna mutilator??

I've read the so so reviews also. There are lot of RTR truggies in that price range. Tower has the CEN Matrix Arena TR RTR for $379 before discounts. If you're a Tower member, you get larger discounts and free shipping, making it cheaper than the Mutilator at your LHS (which you have to pay tax on also). I'd say search around to see what other options (both locally and on the web) you may be interested in as there's lot of options in the $400 price range.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Owen18

Hey guys, I have the mutilator, it is great, so much fun man if I were you I would buy it, it is the toughest truggy out there, in my opinion. Also if you are looking into racing you can't go wrong with the Mutilator. I had my hub break, but thats because i had the old version, and i replaced them to the new version and haven't broken them yet. It is also easy to tune, and the .32 and soooo, much power.

Owen
Old 07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
RRoyPP

Well my local shop had these on special when I first asked but have since raised the price up to the regular price. I didn't get much in the line of responses so I passed on it at the time. Now that I know what he was selling them before I can't get myself to pay his price now.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:18 PM
K_B

Any time anyone asks opinions on anything, whether it's a buggy or a truggy, regardless of brand, I always feel compelled to recommend getting something that you can get parts for locally. Nothing sucks worse than having to wait days at a time when you break stuff...
Old 07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
RRoyPP

parts aren't a problem. My local shop always makes sure he carries replacement parts for what he sells. He adds to the list as people request parts that he doesn't have yet.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
bhcvc

There are so many RTR options in the $400ish price range that you'll easily find something you like. Just go to AMain and browse their truggies and you'll find quite a few about $400. Here's some great options:

TTR ST-1 $290 - I can attest that this is a great RTR (one of the best available for
Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Mufasa_719

I agree with bhcvc on the st1 as well as the hyper st. By buddy has about 4 of em. Says they are strong and take a beating.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:46 AM
bhcvc

I'll say this: my ST-1 landed straight on it's nose and tail many times at the track from 7-8ft jumps and no problems. And mine is the RTR! The Pro kit uses even stronger parts (CNC). The shock towers and other bits are really thick...I believe 4mm. The last time at the track, a guy was showing me his bent shock tower (3mm I think) on his Losi 8ight 1.0 buggy from a landing that didn't look as bad as the ones I was having. And the front upper arms on the ST-1 are BEEFY!
I don't have a Hyper ST, but I've read they're tough as nails too. The old designs were heavier, but that sometimes translates to stronger too. And if set up well, they can be competitve at the club level if you want to actually race. I just hit the track for fun and watch my amazingly bad driving skills and spectacular crashes.