Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

which RTR

Old 05-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which RTR

I am just looking for some advice on a RTR truggy. I have three in mind. The new losi 2.0 rtr, JamminX2 rtr, amd the Assicated RC8 rtr. I really like the losi, its just 800.00! Ya and the Jammin looks sweet but the radio looks cheesy and cheap? The RC8 looks cool I have heard mixed reviews. This will be my first nitro, I want something simple to learn with. I plan on going to the local track for tons of practice and will upgrade for racing later as I go. Anyhow ya does anyone have the X2,,,is the radio that bad??? And what about the others,,please let me know any other issuses with these trucks,,,and coupons and cheap websites any hints???
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: which RTR

Age old RC issue... Spend big now, or less now, with more later upgrading, thus in the end spending more (possibly a lot more...) than if you'd just spent big at the beginning...

I'm personally a big RC8T fan - I have the kit.. - but my advice would definitely be the 8T 2.0.. Yeah it's expensive, but you get everything you need right away.. I heard it'll even have batteries for the startbox... [X(] Losi parts are cheap and ubiquitous on e-bay, in forums, etc... too..

Also, the Losi defo has the best engine of the three.. It's basically an LRP Spec 3 truggy version.. Don't know what the pipe is.

Anyway, with the Losi you've got DSM right away, so you can take the whole box and just go run it.. The others have p.oopy radios and maybe not the best engines...

The Asso is the best looking though... [8D]
Old 05-09-2009, 03:52 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Being an owner of an 8ight-t i would have to say 8ight-t all the way.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 AM

After being an AE fanboy for ages, I really hate to say it, but the 8T 2.0 rtr package looks like the best deal going.

Time will tell, but if I were looking to go rtr, that's how I would do it.

The phrase 'very nicely equipped' comes to mind.

Scott