Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 anyone get a 8-t 2.0 RTR yet? >

anyone get a 8-t 2.0 RTR yet?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

anyone get a 8-t 2.0 RTR yet?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:57 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone get a 8-t 2.0 RTR yet?

if so how is it so far?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
K_B

Default RE: anyone get a 8-t 2.0 RTR yet?

Won't be out till the end of the month at the latest. The buggy (which was released first) is slated to reach retailers on the 25th.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Just ordered mine, will have it by the end of the week, so I'll let everyone know my impressions after I get it and get it through the break-in process...
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Saw one on the track last wednesday.....looked alright, nothing truly impressive really.....the comp roller impressed me more.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Mine just came, and I alomost wish I had just gotten the race roller instead of the RTR. Spektrum radio setup works great and was full configured out of the box. truck loos sweet except the ugly body, but it is growing on me... I have 1 main disappointment tho... the 454 engine SUCKS!!! at least the one I got did, damn thing was the worst ever during break in, and would not idle steady no matter what I did, and I am no noob at this either. out of the dozens of engines I have broken in, I have to say this one was the first PITA i have ever had. I gave up on it when at one point while still on the starter box not even through the second tank the damn thing went WOT with the slide carb in the closed position and the brakes applied causing the aluminum clutch shoes to get a bit of premature wear.At thi point Ifinally called Losi support, and was told to go ahead and send it in, so despite the PITA POSengine Losi support as always, is on top of it, and should be replacing the engne within a week,and jopefully sending me new clutch shoes as well!

Aside from that the starter box works great, as does the radio. Ialready have a DX3S system, so I knew the radio was good. I may just get rid of my old DX3S and bind all my vehicles to the new one, or just keep it for my friends to use and learn with dunno yet.

I like the red anodized aluminum, but it is thicker than the race roller, and adds a little more weight to the vehicle, but fear not, you can buy the RTR, and then get parts from the roller on ebay super cheap, and if you alredy have a radio and startebox, you could ideally get the smae setup as the roller with extras for possibly less if you budget it all out.