Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

new truggy

Old 05-19-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truggy

just got the wonderful news that i am getting a new truggy and iwas wondering which KIT would be recommended.
budget: $800
purpose: general use (mostly bashing but some racing)
extras required: none
Old 05-19-2009, 02:06 PM

Default RE: new truggy

The Losi 2.0.. No others need apply..
Old 05-19-2009, 06:57 PM
My Feedback: (1)

losi is good. i cant break my jammin x2.real nice truck. tons a afterter<u>market </u>parts and support. people are lovin the odonnel. theres a million that <u>is up ta </u>you.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:13 PM

the jammin is solid
Old 05-19-2009, 11:04 PM

8ight-t 1.0 (they can be had cheap since the 2.0 is out. The 2.0 ready to run is a great deal. since you have 800 to spend i would recommend the ready to run kits and then upgrade them a little at a time down the road. If you go race roller then you will have to get electronics, engine. Which will run you way over $800. Can it be done for 800 yes. but you wont be happy. For the money the 2.0 RTR cant be beat PERIOD. It comes withLosi 454 .28 ENGINE,Spektrum DX3S 3-channel sport radio with 2.4GHz DSM technology offers the added benefit of integrated telemetry.custom Starter Box. You can not beat this. I have owned my 8ight-t 1.0 for a while and its a racer roller. It fun building your truggy, but time consuming. Get a ready to run kit, check all the screws, fill her up. You racing. I have seen the 2.0 ready to run in action, its my next purchase. If you were to add time plus the money it cost for individual parts to build a race roller its ALOT. Buy the RTR if you dont like it ill buy it from ya

Team Losi 8IGHT-T 2.0 1/8 4WD RTR Truggy $750ish

Features</p><ul>[*]Designed with the entry-level driver in mind, the 8IGHT-T 2.0 RTR comes completely assembled with the wheels, tires, engine and electronics installed[*]The included Losi 454 .28-sized performance engine provides the optimum amount of power for dominating a race or bashing in the backyard[*]An included Spektrum DX3S 3-channel sport radio with 2.4GHz DSM technology offers the added benefit of integrated telemetry[*]The 8IGHT-T 2.0 RTR includes a custom Starter Box for simple starting time after time[*]The extended length chassis offers unmatchable performance and stability for the everyday RTR driver[*]A rugged radio tray design simultaneously increases response and reduces stress on the throttle servo by optimizing the position of the servos[*]The pre-painted, fully decorated body allows increased airflow to the engine cooling head and also allows easy access to the fuel tank lid[*]Lengthened suspension arms with zero offset wheels offer a wider, more stable base, allowing the truggy to maintain outstanding handling over any terrain, especially while cornering[*]A high-capacity 1400mAh NiMH receiver battery ensures multiple runs between charges and plenty of power for the on-board electronic components[*]Heavy-duty silicone fluid-filled differential cases in the front, rear and center increase the driveline durability[*]Large, heavy-duty brake disks meet your demands to reliably slow down the 8IGHT-T 2.0 RTR when needed after accelerating to speed[*]From backyard fun to on-the-track domination, the race-length shocks greatly enhance suspension travel providing controlled landings and a smooth ride.[/list]
Team Losi 8IGHT-T 2.0 4WD Truggy Race Roller $600ish

Features</p><ul>[*]Extended Chassis with Tuned Flex Technology (TFT) 2.0[*]Precision steering geometry and servo saver[*]Extended-length front and rear arms[*]Updated suspension geometry with longer front and rear shocks[*]Heavy-duty dogbones and outdrives[*]Heavy-duty front and rear brake disks[*]Lightened shock towers[*]Sure-Close&trade; fuel tank closure with EFRA approved fuel line kit included[*]50T Center spur gear[*]Revised radio tray design[*]Heavy-duty rear outer 3.5mm hinge pins[*]Reinforced rear bearing insert system[*]Laser etched engine mounting guides[*]Center driveshaft grease boots[/list]<br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" />
<br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" />
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 AM

i like it. im thiinking by summer ill have my savage the way i want it and that looks like my next purchase....
Old 05-20-2009, 05:53 AM

i already have electronics and engine which is why i highlighted kit
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 AM

There a bunch of good kits out there, but it all comes to personal preferance.....my choices would be between;

Mugen MBX-6T
Jammin CRT
Associated RC8T (I have this one and love it)
Kyosho ST-RR

Those are all really good trucks. I did end up buying a RC8T since I already had the buggy, and I have nothing but good things to say about it's durability. But the final choice needs to be yours, do some research on everything you're looking at and try not to go off what people say, because whatever they own will be the best in their minds.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
My Feedback: (20)

You should also consider the HB D8T. At $399 (minus any discounts, depending on where you buy, -$25 at AMain) it'll leave you some cash to finish it out. It also happens to be a nice lookin ride.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:02 AM

where can you buy a losi 8ight-t 2.0 rtr?/????</p>

I have been looking all over and no one has them.</p>
Old 05-22-2009, 12:31 PM

you cant buy them in Dubai</p>

if you want one you have to order online</p>
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpowerhorse

if you wantone you have to order online</p>

I know that.. Where online can you buy one right now? All the sites I have checked dont have them untill next month. I will buy one in a millisecond truggy or buggy rtr nitro not electric
Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

There a bunch of good kits out there, but it all comes to personal preferance.....my choices would be between;

Mugen MBX-6T
Jammin CRT
Associated RC8T (I have this one and love it)
Kyosho ST-RR

Those are all really good trucks. I did end up buying a RC8T since I already had the buggy, and I have nothing but good things to say about it's durability. But the final choice needs to be yours, do some research on everything you're looking at and try not to go off what people say, because whatever they own will be the best in their minds.
A lot of "what truggy" depends upon your track..but from what I have seen the Losi 2.0 will out perform any of the truggies on your list..I "own" an ST-RR and had an 8T and the Losi 2.0 (with the smart diff in the front)..with me driving was about 2 laps faster than what i was with my ST-RR or RC-8..but the tracks that i run on tend to get blown out and are pretty large tracks with big jumps. On the pro circuit the Losis are pretty hard to beat, the RC-8 is not having that much success against the 2.0 and the only ST-RR thats doing good is Tebo's..and he can flat out drive anything..shoot he was fast with the Odonnel..
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 PM

google losi 8ight-t 2.0 rtr
Old 05-23-2009, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdaveindubai

ORIGINAL: rcpowerhorse

if you wantone you have to order online</p>

I know that.. Where online can you buy one right now? All the sites I have checked dont have them untill next month. I will buy one in a millisecond truggy or buggy rtr nitro not electric
try amainhobbies.com
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33876
Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 AM

thats for a rr=race roller
I am looking for rtr=ready to race
Thanks though