Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Novarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Novarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:56 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Novarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug)

Will theNovarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug) make a good Truggy engine? if so what pipe? thanks as always.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 PM
j_blaze

Default RE: Novarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug)

it will get a truggy around pretty good but not compete with other motors, at any point of the track.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
kragsdale

Default RE: Novarossi N21BF Limited Edition .21 Off Road 3 Port Buggy Engine (Standard Plug)

Idisagree that this engine cannot compete with others on any part of the track at all. It has impressive low end even in truggies BUT it does seem to lack high end power which could be partially remedied with the right pipe. If you track is smaller and tighter I would still consider this engine but if there's alot of long straights maybe this isn't the right engine. Also note that Nova engines are excellent in the area of quality and longevity even this one though its considered an "economy" engine.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM
mentat

Kragsdale, thats what i was wanting to hear. Top speed isnt a concern because my club doesnt have a long straightaway really. its mainly technical. I so want this engine but just want to make sure its going to do the job. my concern is will it beable to get me over the double or even triples? I can find a good pipe for it. What would u recommend? Ihave a jp2 think that would be a good match with the NovaRossi Engine?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Chris_RC

JP Pipes are a no-no for Novarossi based engines. Dynamite 053 or 086 depending on track.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM
mentat

ah good call. i have decided to go with the mach 427.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 AM
hkenvy91

ORIGINAL: kragsdale

Idisagree that this engine cannot compete with others on any part of the track at all. It has impressive low end even in truggies BUT it does seem to lack high end power which could be partially remedied with the right pipe. If you track is smaller and tighter I would still consider this engine but if there's alot of long straights maybe this isn't the right engine. Also note that Nova engines are excellent in the area of quality and longevity even this one though its considered an "economy" engine.

well said. i owned one and for small tracks they work great .but like he said if the trsck has long straights, the motor will give up half way down them and not pull hard like a race motor. i went from the nova 21 bf to a os speed. wow what a difference!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:37 AM
wiktor0410

and what about putting this engine with dynamite pipe (053 or 086) on Hyper ST PRO? will get it around?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
marquis711

thats what im running in my hyper st pro and its quick enough.

thanks for the heads up on the jp pipe,was just about to go for one of those.