Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Need to get a new Motor for my losi eight-t >

Need to get a new Motor for my losi eight-t

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need to get a new Motor for my losi eight-t

Old 05-29-2009, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to get a new Motor for my losi eight-t

Hello and thanks for taking ur to to help me! i need a new motor for my eight-t, i had a gs .21 on it and it took a dump, i have been seeing a lot of good things about the mach 427 i think it is or the 454 which ever is the rtr motor it seems good but i'm wanting to stay away from the rtr stuff that way i have something different than everyone else i have never bought a new motor and was just wanting to know what everyones opinion was on whats hot and whats not i also don'twhat to Over-Kill because i still want it to be race legal!
and again thank you for taking the time to give me ur opinion i'm sure this question it ask a whole lot on these forums!!!!!!!!!!
thanks
-Whisper
Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need to get a new Motor for my losi eight-t

Ijust bought the Mach 427 cant go wrong with it. Most people would agree, i just got thru throughly researching this same topic myself.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM

another one eh.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 AM

seriously with the motor questions,read down a little bit in the forum.theres 10 people all askin the same question u did.do u think somethins gonna change from the other ones? theres a secret motor os just built.theres only 2 in the world and theyre savin it special 4 u.os told me to tell u ta call cause they new ur engine was gonna pop.its calledthe whisper1984 .21
Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you drunk?..

Who cares if people ask the same question? It's a forum.. All forums are filled with stuff that are not interesting(or even annoying..) to different people. It's like TV.. So what do you do? Ignore it, of course...

I personally don't mind "what engine should I get?" posts all that much(normally...) Everybody's in a different situation.. A lot of these guys are newish. And when people do respsond occasionally Ihear something new too...

Sounds dumb I know, but the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice (or helpful, constructive, etc...) to say......................" really does seem the perfect maxim for internet forums...

Old 05-31-2009, 01:47 AM

<font class="Apple-style-span" size="4"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 16px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">whisper1984, hi and welcome to Rc Universe! Which engine should you get for your 8ight-t? Really Depends on what you are wanting to do. Race, Bash? I just got thru asking the same question on here and after about 2-3 days of research and getting peoples advice i decided to go with the Mach 427, its only $135 and a pretty good all around engine. Many would agree. Also you need to forgive or in this case ignore people like - we go hard in jersey -, he is not a typical repersentitive of this community, he just happens to know nothing about this subject so likes to be-little people to make himself feel like he has a set of balls, that and the fact that he is having personal issues coping with his recently diagnosed erectile dysfunction. Feel free to PM me with any question you may have about engines, or better yet use the search function and look for anything related this what engine or best engine under this thread, there is a lot of good info here on that. This question does need to be ask often due to the fact that there are new engines coming out all the time. I hope that you havent been scared away from the community, i see you are really new here. Look forward to seeing you post in the future.

<br type="_moz" />
</span></font>
Old 05-31-2009, 02:13 AM

This whole reply is in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok so if its worth yourtime why reply anbe disrepectful!!!!! that is completelyBS i would rather get no anserthan some dumb a*s that wants to try to prove his pointit is notworth replying!!!!!!!!!! y would u be disrespectful and answer???? that is just stupid in my opinion!!!!! aparentally these forums are not for help if you are gonna complain about more than one person asking the same thing!!!!!!! if new people or the same people having issuese whether or not they have the same issuse or not there would be no reason for any forum any where because one forum would have no repeats at alland all the answers and there would not be people like you here to answer any questions at all would there!!!!! sorry if i seem out of line but i do have respect for peopleand my self!!!!!! and i'm sure youhave noticed thati am very unhappy about the way he/she hasbeen very disrespectful upon answering something that wasn't worth his/her time answering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i simply asked a very simple question that was ALREADY answered by someone else!!!! but yet he/she had to step in and post that wasn't worth there time andVERY be disresptful!!!!!! hhhhhhmmmmmmm wonder why there are a very select few that are interested in this hobby because heven forbid some one asks a question that is asked all the time the get that kind of response!!!!!! sorry if i am over re-acting!!!
IDOBELIEVEYOUAREWAAAAAYOUTOFLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

specially considering i started this thread!!!!

Thank You for reading
-Whisper
Sorry if you feel that i am out of line or over reacting but i asked a simple question!, and wanted a simple answer not some one tring to prove a point and be disresptful and use Me as an example!!!

I am NOT"RETARDED" asYOU say,that is very terrible word for you to use because most people that are mentally challenged (hense what you call retarded) are born with a birth defect and have no choice of how they begin there life!!!

Also i guess the fact that i have 3 t-maxx, 1 revo 2 buggies, a hpi street car and 1 truggy has nothing to do with the cash i have invested either huh!!! sorry that the Truggy area is new to me if i would have known i would be disrestpeted i would not have turned to this frorum for advice!!!!!!!!!!

a pic of most of my r/c's incase jersy wants to say i'm lying!!!
&lt;a href="http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...allthetoys.jpg" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;img src="http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...allthetoys.jpg" border="0" alt="some of my toys"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;
Old 05-31-2009, 02:21 AM

For those that are interested!!!!!!</p>

</p>

I have the losi 8ight-t i want it to be race leagal I was looking at a few of the engines on a main hobbies since i was kinda turned away from this site do to jeresy............................. is there any real pros to using the turbo plug engines??? i have read that they cause less vibration compared to the standard flat plug but never have gotten a strait forward answer to if they are really better or not i searched google on this also before  posting this that way people can not say i just posted it being "lazy" or "retarted"!!!!  i did not find anything that really makes the turbo plugs and engines any better then the standard plug engines....</p>
Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 AM

Whisper it is my understanding that they turbo plugs have better compression and more power. plugs are mad expensive tho. I would say going turbo depends on the engine. If your going turbo on a .21 then yes its a good ideal, anything else then i would stay standard. The Mach 427 is a nice motor )
Old 05-31-2009, 02:47 AM

the mach 427 is what i am thinking about picking up for the time being considering the cost but i am thinking about picking up in the future when funding alows it the.........Trinity ExTech "II" Pre-Run "Full Modded" .24 Competition Truggy Engine (Turbo Plug)............ www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_79/products_id/29952 i just wasn't sure if i was willing to spend $300 on a motor if the extra money on a turbo engine was worth it lol.....

also does anyone know how complicated that particular motor is mounting to the losi 8ight-t chasis???? i'm already planning on picking up the

Team Losi Quick Change Engine Mount Set (8ight/8ight-T 2.0)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16844

Thank you for helping me!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 PM

Imo the .24 is too much for the newer breed Truggy's....even the 1.0T is light and geared efficiently to Easily make Any jump a .28 can as long as your on the racing line and have the tune right......I would only hope that i am not included in your rant as you really have to see it from our side.....LITERALLY there are 3-4 posts with the EXACTsame questiong being asked Over and Over again...yes ill agree with Herr and the fact most of the time the situation is a little different....being it 1 may be a basher and looking for OUTRIGHTpower.....next might be a novice racer looking for a economical affordable race .21......but really if you looked at the last 2-3 pages of the Truggy and 1/8 Buggy thread's you would see what we are talking about.....blah....sorry if i came off as a jerk but like i said you have to somewhat see it from our side.