Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Z 01T ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM
romax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z 01T ??

How is it ? My son really wants the buggy & i run truggy , we are now running jammin x1. I like us both to run like brands because of parts compatability. I just saw a test in xtreme r/c cars & it looks pretty good. Are there any issues w/ it. There allways seems to be inherent problems w/ just about everything out there. Thanks guys.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Valdeck

Default RE: Z 01T ??

I dont know about the Truggy but the Buggy has seen mixed reviews from what I have seen and heard. One of the guys at the LHS is not a fan of either but he is sponsored by TA so yea he is a little biased I am sure lol.

I will tell you this there is rummors about the drivers from O'donell leaving O'donell due to the lack of perfomance and placement in the national circuit for ROAR. Then again that is all hear say for me so take it for what its worth. From what I have seen and read the PR is good and the reviews seem decent but I have not run one my self nor seen one in person. But they do look good
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

the Z01-T got a great review in the June issue of RC Car Action.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:37 PM
j_blaze

maybe a step up from the jamin's but not much. in pro hands they look good. i have heard of some truggy diff issues, not sure what exactly, and some drivers it did not fit their driving style/set-up and have taken a while to find a set-up that works for them. all cars have issues of their own though.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:35 PM
romax

Well i'm starting to lean toward mugen mbx6t . After much research it may be abetter choice as parts are more readily available & i can get it for 80 dollars less. Amain list most z01 parts as backordered & tower is the only other place i have found that sells them. I have heard of some issues w/ the mugen breaking front arms. Anyone had problems w/ that ?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
j_blaze

i have yet to see the new mbx-6t break any arms. the only time i'v heard of pbs breaking is if you hit something you were not supposed to: wood, pipe, upside down car in the middle of the straight... that kind of stuff. sometimes people think arms break easy but they forget the 100 things they hit pretty good before they missed a jump and broke an arm.

my $.02
Old 06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
DrDremel

I have a ZO1T, RC8T, and a Jammin X2 CRT, they all run really good. I personaly run the RC8T, but the O'Donnell runs just as good. It's easier to drive than my RC8T, I'll admit that, but just like my RC8T better for myself. I gave the ZO1T to my father, and he loves it.I gave the X2 to my brother and he loves that too. All three are great truggies. I don't have any mugens, but from working in a hobby shop, Ican tell you that the parts can get mighty expensive. Of my three truggies, the ZO1T is the cheapest to get parts for (ya, suprised me too!).