Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Thinking about getting a Truggy but a few qustions. >

Thinking about getting a Truggy but a few qustions.

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thinking about getting a Truggy but a few qustions.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a Truggy but a few qustions.

Hey guys im thinking about buying a truggy but im not really sure what to get. I have a couple questions for you guys.

1. im thinking about getting a RC8T and have a picco .26 max red dot all ready would the picco have more power than the stock motor and would it be easy to install?
2. Is the Jammin x2 truggy any good?
3. Is the ofna Hyper ST. any good?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Thinking about getting a Truggy but a few qustions.

1. I dont know about either of the engines in the rc8t but the picco is a big block and should drop right in.
2. Yes the Jammin X2 is a good truck, but the rtr electronics leave alot to be desired.
3. Yes the Hyper ST is another good truck, a couple at my track, again rtr electronics aren't that great.

Others please don't criticize everything because I'm only going on my own thoughts of these trucks.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 PM

I would like a kit the only problem is I really dont have that much money for one. If I get one I would have to sell my Slayer and use the money from that, and kits are just to expensive.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 PM

Well I think I desided on the RC8T rtr I know the .26 will go into the kit version so I assume it will work in the rtr version correct?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:52 PM

yes it will.I'm pretty sure the rtr rc8t controller is a fm so thats better than the other trucks radios.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:59 PM

Ok good just making sure. beacuse ill probably buy a roller so I didnt want to have to just set the motor in the car and push it making motor noises lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Cynix

I would like a kit the only problem is I really dont have that much money for one. If I get one I would have to sell my Slayer and use the money from that, and kits are just to expensive.
[X(]Sell your slayer!!! YOU TRAITOR I just got the Losi 8ight-t 2.0 and am loving it, and may be a turn coat too and selling my slayer to be honest... the truggies are soooo much more fun and stay on their wheels alot more too.

out of your list all are good trucks, but the rc8t is a cut above them, and I would personally lean more towards that one. the picco should drop right in, all the BB engines for trucks buggies and truggies use a universal crankshaft and have steel spurs, so you don't have to worry about thrashing them very easily with a powerful motor like the picco.

to be honest though, I love my slayer, but man, after driving a truggy, I wish I would have held off on the slayer and just gotten one of those in the first place...

Hope that helps yopu Cynix...

Anyways off to the traxxas forum to throw you under the bus!!! HA HAAAA JK
Old 06-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Picco 26 Redot will not work in a truggy...the Redot is a small block punched out to a big block displacement, it is specifically designed to run in Traxxas machines only.....For a truggy you need a true bigblock like a picco 28
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 PM

I wondered ,but didn't dare say anything.thanx for clearing that up supertib[sm=50_50.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM

I have a FT RC8t and the X2 CRT, both are freaking awsome truggies. I personaly perfer the RC8T, but thats just me. IMO, you can't go wrong with either of those two in kit form. In rtr trim, the RC8T's gear is honestly better. But both truggies are awsome on the track!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 PM

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

[X(]Sell your slayer!!! YOU TRAITOR I just got the Losi 8ight-t 2.0 and am loving it, and may be a turn coat too and selling my slayer to be honest... the truggies are soooo much more fun and stay on their wheels alot more too.

out of your list all are good trucks, but the rc8t is a cut above them, and I would personally lean more towards that one. the picco should drop right in, all the BB engines for trucks buggies and truggies use a universal crankshaft and have steel spurs, so you don't have to worry about thrashing them very easily with a powerful motor like the picco.

to be honest though, I love my slayer, but man, after driving a truggy, I wish I would have held off on the slayer and just gotten one of those in the first place...

Hope that helps yopu Cynix...

Anyways off to the traxxas forum to throw you under the bus!!! HA HAAAA JK
Haha thanks. That does help. I put it up on craigslist to see if any one would trade there RC8T for it lol. im to overly optimistic about this plan though.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 PM

I have been bitten by the "truggy-bug" myself...even entertaining the thought of an "impulse purchase". for me, it is in between the
Losi 8ight-T and the MBX5-T and for a while I liked the Jammin X2 CRT. I am wondering though, why I dont hear much about the
O'Donnells Z01-T.
there are certainly a good selection of good truggys out there, its so hard to make a decision. Ironic that my LHS carries the RC8 and no other on my list.
Have fun with that RC8-T
Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEBANE

I have been bitten by the ''truggy-bug'' myself...even entertaining the thought of an ''impulse purchase''. for me, it is in between the
Losi 8ight-T and the MBX5-T and for a while I liked the Jammin X2 CRT. I am wondering though, why I dont hear much about the
O'Donnells Z01-T.
there are certainly a good selection of good truggys out there, its so hard to make a decision. Ironic that my LHS carries the RC8 and no other on my list.
Have fun with that RC8-T
If you plan on racing I would go with the Losi..The Mugen is tough and can be made to be fast on the track..but overall the Losi is a better "race truck"..
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM

I would like a losi but just cant afford it. Im going to get a RC8T after my nitro sport and Slayer sell.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 PM

I would like a losi but just cant afford it. Im going to get a RC8T after my nitro sport and Slayer sell.

If ya need any help with that RC8T, give me a holla, I'll help ya the best I can.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

If ya need any help with that RC8T, give me a holla, I'll help ya the best I can.
Will do thanks man!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEBANE

I have been bitten by the ''truggy-bug'' myself...even entertaining the thought of an ''impulse purchase''. for me, it is in between the
O'Donnells Z01-T.
Have fun with that RC8-T
HA HA ya watch that bug bite, the impulse will land a new 8ight-T 2.0 in your home just like it did to me HA HAAA, I can say this much, The losi truggy is one solid ride. I personally have a problem with brand new stuff just breaking on me, as was the case with my new losi engine, but fortunately Losi Support is awesome, and had me send it in right away

Aside from that I have nothing bad to say about the 8ight-t

The MBX5-T is supposed to be the only true direct competiton against the losi, so whatever direction you lean you will be happy I am sure...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 PM

you could probably find the Losi 8ight-T 1.0 for about the same price FYI, either way the RC8T is a bad azz ride too!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:46 AM

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-size: small">Hey Cynix, I'm still new to this sport but I'll tell you one thing, stay away from EXCEED-RC. I bought a 1/8 truggy from them and it has only been a week and I had to send the engine back, so now my truggy is sittn on the bench and I probably won't get it back to running till the end of the month. What a kick in the butt for a so called RTR truggy.</span></span></p>
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 AM

All right I will defiantly stay away from them plus my lhs dosnt carry any of there parts so I would have to order everything.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:47 AM

I don't even have a LHS,so I keep spare parts on hand.Most orders only take about 3 days to receive any ways.

riderrick63,what went wrong with your engine?how did you break it in?what fuel are you useing?what temp range were you in?
just remember you could have spent three times as much and have the same problem [sm=wink_smile.gif] we all have problems no matter how much we spend,it's the nature of the hobby.when something does work it's only until it breaks.
Don't get me wrong,I'm not defending EXCEED I know nothing about them.let's see how they take care of the warrenty.