Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Carb setting and stalling...? Input Appreciated*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Carb setting and stalling...? Input Appreciated*

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
DWkyosho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb setting and stalling...? Input Appreciated*

Ok... I've had my Hyper ST since January and I like it. Not the best racer, but is fun at the track and in the yard. Kind of a dual purpose truggy.

Here's my issue.
I can start the truggy easily with the pull starter (fires in two to three pulls). Then I idle a couple seconds and give it some gas and then she stalls out. I think the issue may be that the LSN is still to rich. I haven't had this issue until this weekend when I went from Byron's 20% race blend to Top Fuel 20% blend. Only used this because I don't have a local Byron's dealer and I have a fresh gallon of Top Fuel 20% for my racing T-Maxx MT.

Could it be that the new fuel runs richer than Byron's...? When I get on the gas I do notice some "spray" of fuel on the garage floor, but really very minimal. Could the idle be to low (causing the stall out)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Carb setting and stalling...? Input Appreciated*

Traxxas top ful has a higher oil content, so ythat is part of it. when you change fuels, you someytimes need to re-tune your vehicle, as there are differences in the blends
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 AM
calvino

Due to the higher oil content of the Traxxas Top you will have to SIGNIFICANTLY lean your engine out, far exceeding the benefits of the oil in the fuel. That said, that is why your engine runs the way it does regarding stalling out [>:]. Try and get back to the Bryons ASAP... the Traxxas Top is prety much good for starting campfires with
Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
mail4ajo

I have the same issue. I currently use 15% oil, 15% nitro. May sound stupid, is there something like an Universal setting to get these engines running without much hassle?

Any input on how just methanol and 10% castor oil work? I have a TT ST-1 and a MGT 8.0. Nitro fuel is getting very expensive and hard to source in India. I was thinking of just getting raw methanol and mix 10% oil.