Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Losi 8T understeer off power >

Losi 8T understeer off power

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi 8T understeer off power

Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 8T understeer off power

What do I need to change too increase off power steering on my 8T?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Losi 8T understeer off power

Have you properly set up the end point adjustments for the servo and all of the linkages? What steering servo are you running? What do you have for toe-in? You can also play around with the steering ackerman for more off power steering. Usually guys ask how to get more on power steering, it isn't often for people to ask for more off power steering.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Have you properly set up the end point adjustments for the servo and all of the linkages? What steering servo are you running? What do you have for toe-in? You can also play around with the steering ackerman for more off power steering. Usually guys ask how to get more on power steering, it isn't often for people to ask for more off power steering.

Yes my end points are set up correctly, I have no problems with steering in general. I am running a JR Z9000T servo. I am not sure what my toe in is but I haven't changed it since the truck was pulled out of the box 2 years+ ago. I was considering changing the ackerman but since my only problem is when I am off power going thru corners I was not sure I wanted to change that.

I agree with you most ppl do need more on power steering, but the only time I have a real problem is when I'm slowing down to come into a hard corner as soon as I am back on the throttle everything is ok. Its only really one or two corners on the track I race at where I have a problem but it gets frustrating. I have thought about simply increasing the stiffness of the front end either thru the shock oil, springs or sway bar but I'm not sure if one or more thing should be done.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Maybe think about changing your front tires too... Are the turns blue groove or loamy? What tires are you running?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:28 PM

I've run three different tires. The stock set of Losi tires A set of Crime fighters and I just put a set of GRP tires on for the last race which were best overall.
Most of the corners are loamy and somewhat loose one or two corners are blue groove. The corners where I am having problems are loamy but their are other corners like it but those I stay under power to some extent.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 PM

More toe out would be the best. Also you can loosen up your rear end so you can get more steering. More negative camber front and rear would do good also. Think of it as balance, you physically CANNOT have a car that has too much rear traction but too much steering. If you want more steering, you need to loosen up the rear end. If you have a loose rear end, you dont want as much steering.