Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New Truggies for Spring 2010???

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Truggies for Spring 2010???

Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
mattyb13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truggies for Spring 2010???

So I am getting a new truggy in the spring. I know which way I am leaning but I am wondering if any of you know of any new trucks that will be out in the spring or if the gear that is out now will still be top of the line come April/May...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM
bhcvc

Default RE: New Truggies for Spring 2010???

All the existing truggies are pretty new. The only one I see as having potential of a newer version coming out is the Kyosho ST-RR. However, there may be new electric/brushless versions coming out soon since there's been a big wave of electric buggies recently. But most companies don't release info that far ahead of time, so looking to april/may with any certainty is kind of a crap shoot.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hyper could be due out with something new based on the Hyper 9...
Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Hoese37

Friend is a Ho Boa team driver, and nothing is planed for the Hyper ST to be based on the 9
Old 11-14-2009, 12:46 AM
hakmazter

Just get a Caster if you want electric. Since it appears that you have owned 1/8 before, you would be a perfect customer for us.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: hakmazter

Just get a Caster if you want electric. Since it appears that you have owned 1/8 before, you would be a perfect customer for us.
Don't get a caster, IMO there not exactly of good quality or come with good electronics, I would stick to some of the more main stream truggys. IMO the best out now is either the Mugen and the X-ray, Than comes the Losi 8ight 2.0 and RC8t, which aren't far behind. I would recommend running electric because nitro is just of the past. In electric I would go with either a Tekin RX8 or a MMM/CCneu... The tekin would be prefered because it is sensored.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 AM
GravityJunkie

It's nice to see Caster dig up a month old thread to pimp themselves [&o]
Old 11-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: GravityJunkie

Yea, He went around to all the threads and just said GET CASTER... Yet IMO its just a horrible brand with low standards.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
rider313

AE just came out with the champion Edition RC8T, thats what i would get this spring.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
mattyb13

I think thats going to be my choice... Now I just need to figure out where to get one... ANYONE KNOW?! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

Yea, He went around to all the threads and just said GET CASTER... Yet IMO its just a horrible brand with low standards.
Have you ever owned one? If so then when? If you have owned a Caster within the last 1.5 years you would regretfully change your post. Right now all the "current" Casters are on par with Mugen, Losi etc on everything except Losi's RTR electronics. Would you like it if I told everyone not to buy YFZ 450 because they ALL blow up? No you would not. But alot of them do just so you know. I have been a bike tech for over 7 years and that ATV has the highest failure rate for top ends and cranks by a mile. So to everyone I guess, don't by a YFZ 450, Horrible ATV with low standards. LMAO!!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Have you ever owned one? If so then when? If you have owned a Caster within the last 1.5 years you would regretfully change your post. Right now all the ''current'' Casters are on par with Mugen, Losi etc on everything except Losi's RTR electronics. Would you like it if I told everyone not to buy YFZ 450 because they ALL blow up? No you would not. But alot of them do just so you know. I have been a bike tech for over 7 years and that ATV has the highest failure rate for top ends and cranks by a mile. So to everyone I guess, don't by a YFZ 450, Horrible ATV with low standards. LMAO!!
Ive actually seen multiple Casters and there is NO way they are up to par with a Mugen.. Thats just a joke. I mean come on there still using PBS ( pillow ball suspension.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Wild YFZ 450

About the YFZ, Yea alright, Maybe the 2004 model... Come on where in 2009 now. Your just mad because you probably have a crapster.. I mean caster so your making things up.. The yfz now doesn't have any of those problems more than any other model.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
rider313

Amain should have the CE by spring.
 and I dont think guys looking to buy an YFZ 450 are reading this thread so he kinda has you beat there, but i dont beleave in talking smack about a product that you dont own or have ever owned. I have never drove a caster or owned one so i cant talk smack about it, he asked about new truggies so i said look at the AE RC8T CE not casters are crap! so quit the smack talk and quit bring a good name into it (yamaha). I race mx and know my YZ250F motor like the back of my hand and i very rarly have to adjust my top end, but i did have a crank go out on my 03, but my 08 is runnin strong!since this is a RC thread i will leave it at that.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 AM
(MRC) Scotty!

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Have you ever owned one? If so then when? If you have owned a Caster within the last 1.5 years you would regretfully change your post. Right now all the ''current'' Casters are on par with Mugen, Losi etc on everything except Losi's RTR electronics. Would you like it if I told everyone not to buy YFZ 450 because they ALL blow up? No you would not. But alot of them do just so you know. I have been a bike tech for over 7 years and that ATV has the highest failure rate for top ends and cranks by a mile. So to everyone I guess, don't by a YFZ 450, Horrible ATV with low standards. LMAO!!
Ive actually seen multiple Casters and there is NO way they are up to par with a Mugen.. Thats just a joke. I mean come on there still using PBS ( pillow ball suspension.
FYI Mugen has always used pillow ball suspension.. And still are on the 6t
Old 11-18-2009, 03:04 AM
HerrSavage

Just for conversation, I think I saw or heard somewhere that Kyosho is giving up on truggies, and not coming out with a new truggy based on the MP9 buggy.. Any truth to that?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
(MRC) Scotty!

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Just for conversation, I think I saw or heard somewhere that Kyosho is giving up on truggies, and not coming out with a new truggy based on the MP9 buggy.. Any truth to that?
I can't say for sure that they are giving up. But, I have been told by a team driver that there has not been any official emails about the release of a new MP9 Based truck like have been circulating..

The ST-RR is one of the better truggies on the market even if it is and older version of itself.. Would be a good choice if Cost is no option..
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
MuggyDude

You can't really go wrong with Mugen, Losi Associated, Kyosho Etc. They are all top par, and there really isn't too big in the way they all run. The driver is the most important part of a racer, and the vehicle won't make too big a difference. The Losi 8-T 2.0, Associated RC8T CE, Mugen MBX6T, and the Kyosho ST-RR are all fantastic. I would pick one based on A: parts availability in your area, B: Which one suits your driving stile better (Losi likes to be pushed hard, each vehicle has its own characteristics) and C: Which truck you know a lot about, like the way it is constructed, and how you've seen it race. I personally own an 8-T 2.0, and it is a fantastic truck, really durable, smooth, great racer. All of them are great trucks. I can't say much for other brands like Caster, but I think you should stay towards the bigger brands.

Wild, I have a question for you. Do you own any of these trucks? Besides surfing the web, do you have all that much first hand experience with these trucks? Do you ever look at race results, the losi and associated are winning just as many races, if not more than the MBX6T and X-Ray. Your posts are getting really tiring to read, always something bad and negative.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
chaserogesr14

muggydude your 100% right about the driver thing. I know a guy that can still finish high in the a mains with the original mugen msr x5t truggy. he has absolutely mastered that truck
Old 11-19-2009, 01:24 PM
GravityJunkie

Amen MuggyDude.

The only other thing I'd recommend to look at is parts and support. If you want to buy parts at the LHS, go with what they carry. If you buy off the net, get what you're familar with. If you're gonna race at a track, you might want consider what most race there. It'll get you up to 'speed' faster getting setups and advice from others. If you're good at dialing in your car, get what you want.

I went with the Jammin CRT X2 because I previously had a CRT .5 (little bro to the X2). I'm very happy with the choice. If I would have went with AE, Losi, etc, I probably would be just as happy. It was just easier initially getting something I was somewhat familar with.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

You can't really go wrong with Mugen, Losi Associated, Kyosho Etc. They are all top par, and there really isn't too big in the way they all run. The driver is the most important part of a racer, and the vehicle won't make too big a difference. The Losi 8-T 2.0, Associated RC8T CE, Mugen MBX6T, and the Kyosho ST-RR are all fantastic. I would pick one based on A: parts availability in your area, B: Which one suits your driving stile better (Losi likes to be pushed hard, each vehicle has its own characteristics) and C: Which truck you know a lot about, like the way it is constructed, and how you've seen it race. I personally own an 8-T 2.0, and it is a fantastic truck, really durable, smooth, great racer. All of them are great trucks. I can't say much for other brands like Caster, but I think you should stay towards the bigger brands.

Wild, I have a question for you. Do you own any of these trucks? Besides surfing the web, do you have all that much first hand experience with these trucks? Do you ever look at race results, the losi and associated are winning just as many races, if not more than the MBX6T and X-Ray. Your posts are getting really tiring to read, always something bad and negative.
Actually I have had first hand experience with just about all of these as I work in a hobby shop..I was not bashing losi or associated.. Infact I have 8t 2.0... All i was saying with those brands where that X-ray and mugen are on a higher level of quality. Yet there all awesome trucks. I have zero problems with my losi and im sure it can win races over any mugen or xray.. It all comes down to the driver like you had said. I was only bashing Caster because in my personal opinion and with my experiences with them there not that great of a truck. Thats my PERSONAL opinion.. Take it for what you want.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 PM
MuggyDude

Ok Wild, I get that. I agree with you there, though I only have limited experience with the X-Ray. They might have better parts quality, and all of these trucks are good.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 AM
HerrSavage

One thing that bugs me about the truggies I've had - Muggy, Hyper ST Pro, and RC8T - is that the steering assemblies develop problems.. With the Muggy the rack developed slop(that was probably down to the heavy MT tires..), and with the latter two what really irks me is the screws coming out of the bottom of the (especially right side..) hub - and yes I threadlock them.. Anyway, from what I understand in truggy racing, the arms develop slop, the steering assemblies, etc.. So does this "superior X-ray part quality" mean these things won't happen? With my MT bashers I don't feel like I have to replace stuff as much as I do on truggies.. I'd consider an X-ray if I knew, OK, no need to worry about slop or replace a part in two years.. I'm currently very turned off by truggy racing and all the constant wrenching it requires..
Old 11-20-2009, 01:44 AM
supertib

One thing that bugs me about the truggies I've had - Muggy, Hyper ST Pro, and RC8T - is that the steering assemblies develop problems.. With the Muggy the rack developed slop(that was probably down to the heavy MT tires..), and with the latter two what really irks me is the screws coming out of the bottom of the (especially right side..) hub - and yes I threadlock them.. Anyway, from what I understand in truggy racing, the arms develop slop, the steering assemblies, etc.. So does this ''superior X-ray part quality'' mean these things won't happen? With my MT bashers I don't feel like I have to replace stuff as much as I do on truggies.. I'd consider an X-ray if I knew, OK, no need to worry about slop or replace a part in two years.. I'm currently very turned off by truggy racing and all the constant wrenching it requires..

The Mugen stays tight very good, it doesn't seem to really develop much slop, even after many gallons of use, the pillowball suspension they use is extremely good for staying snug......The low maintenance is why I like the Mugens so much, I hate wrenching, i would rather be modding engines or driving...
Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: supertib

One thing that bugs me about the truggies I've had - Muggy, Hyper ST Pro, and RC8T - is that the steering assemblies develop problems.. With the Muggy the rack developed slop(that was probably down to the heavy MT tires..), and with the latter two what really irks me is the screws coming out of the bottom of the (especially right side..) hub - and yes I threadlock them.. Anyway, from what I understand in truggy racing, the arms develop slop, the steering assemblies, etc.. So does this ''superior X-ray part quality'' mean these things won't happen? With my MT bashers I don't feel like I have to replace stuff as much as I do on truggies.. I'd consider an X-ray if I knew, OK, no need to worry about slop or replace a part in two years.. I'm currently very turned off by truggy racing and all the constant wrenching it requires..

The Mugen stays tight very good, it doesn't seem to really develop much slop, even after many gallons of use, the pillowball suspension they use is extremely good for staying snug......The low maintenance is why I like the Mugens so much, I hate wrenching, i would rather be modding engines or driving...

wish i could say the same for darryl's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.