Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which one to get?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one to get?

Should I get an Associated SC8 or RC8T? I'm probably just gonna bash around with my friends and what not. However, there is a likelypossibility that we will make a track and I'd like to have a truck that will dominate. Also, out of the two, which is faster? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Which one to get?

One more thing, the truck willl be doing some big jumps with hard landings and it needs to be able to handle that.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Take the Revo
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both the SC8 and RC8T are awesome, awesome trucks.. Comes down to your style and personal preference.. The truggy has bigger wheels and thus more clearance, so for lots of big jumps might be better.. The SC8 is more like a buggy, but yeah, will still be tough.. SC8's are enormous in person.. - the bodies are huge.. Get whichever you like more..

I have an RC8T and use it only for racing, have an RC8 buggy which I use for practice driving at the track and engine break-in, etc.. But man I'd love an SC8.. Great thing about these Assos is all the part interchangeability.. So if you need a part, often it's the same thing for all three rigs - clutch, diffs, etc...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: matthew__ruane

Take the Revo
Well in that case, do you think the Revo can be made to handle as well as the SC8 or RC8t? If so, what would be the best upgrades to do so?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Revo's are Junk in yo trunk....Definitely Not Worth investing in if you ask me.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:19 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how people can manage to be unhelpful and insensitive at the same time! I'm a Savage man myself, but if you've already invested in a Revo, than you hardly need people advising you whether or not to get something you already own!! LOL! Besides which, you're asking which to get - an SC8 or an RC8T.

If you're trying to decide between these 2 entirely different types of truck, then you need to be honest with the type of surface you'll be driving on. By the sounds of things, you'll be bashing most of the time. Until you have a well groomed track, you're not going to enjoy the SC8 as much as a Truggy.

There's a bit of a fad for these SC type trucks at the moment I know - but Get the Truggy. You know it makes sense!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ^Horatio>

It never ceases to amaze me how people can manage to be unhelpful and insensitive at the same time! I'm a Savage man myself, but if you've already invested in a Revo, than you hardly need people advising you whether or not to get something you already own!! LOL! Besides which, you're asking which to get - an SC8 or an RC8T.

If you're trying to decide between these 2 entirely different types of truck, then you need to be honest with the type of surface you'll be driving on. By the sounds of things, you'll be bashing most of the time. Until you have a well groomed track, you're not going to enjoy the SC8 as much as a Truggy.

There's a bit of a fad for these SC type trucks at the moment I know - but Get the Truggy. You know it makes sense!

I myself think the SC trucks suck...they don't perform nearly as well as either a Buggy or a Truggy and they cost just as much.... IMO the only cool thing about them is the scale looks, other then that they useless...... Its just a fad IMO, and as soon as people realize how poorly they perform next to the other 1/8th's they will no longer be the hot ticket........ Looking good and performing good are 2 very different things... SC trucks look cool, but really suck in the performance depoartment
Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I've been saying that since the frist time I saw a SC truck run. I can't believe how they have taken over the 1/10th world and the stadium truck doesn't seem to exist anymore. I don't see the appeal at all, but I'm a function over form kind of guy.

If you must have an Associated, get the RC8T.

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: ^Horatio>

I myself think the SC trucks suck...they don't perform nearly as well as either a Buggy or a Truggy and they cost just as much.... IMO the only cool thing about them is the scale looks, other then that they useless...... Its just a fad IMO, and as soon as people realize how poorly they perform next to the other 1/8th's they will no longer be the hot ticket........ Looking good and performing good are 2 very different things... SC trucks look cool, but really suck in the performance depoartment
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still supertib, I'd love to just see an SC8 on a track with one of your modded Picco 28's.. I think it'd be pretty cool...
Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 AM

Hehehe, it would be like driving a 1/8th scale accident waiting to happen. Probably. LOL!