Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:08 PM
MuggyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!

The new losi vehicle coming out tomorrow will be a 1/10 RTR Truggy with a Remote On-Board Starting System (R.O.S.S.) Hopefully it will be based off the 8ight-T 2.0! I can't wait!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 PM
matthew__ruane

Default RE: Losi 1/10 10-T Nitro RTR Truggy!

Visit Losi.com 10.22.09 for the NEW 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR, featuring Losi’s revolutionary Remote On-Board Starting System (R.O.S.S.)

This is what their Twitter page says, can't wait to see what it looks like. From that tiny little pic on the Losi website, it looks like it has Zombie Maxx tires, just like the ones on the Mini-LST right? So it looks like it will be 4wd. Pretty cool still, how many other 1/10 Nitro Truggies are there?

I'm putting in my vote that the ROSS will be meh.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting.. Does look good in the teaser pic.. And those must be OG Zombie Maxx then.. Makes me think this is gonna be more basher oriented(good!!!), and not just a scaled down version of the 8T.. Maybe they want to do like Kyosho, and come out with a new 1/10 platform - then they'll have a buggy and CORR truck based off it too..(or wait, they already have the CORR truck, right?..) Maybe a Losi 350 engine heh heh?..

Anyway, I'm just glad it's not freakin electric.. Can't wait to see it in full...
Old 10-22-2009, 07:06 AM
TC4JW

New Losi 1/10 Truggy Info

[link=http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB0126]New losi Ten-T 1/10 Truggy[/link]
Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
R/C Lightweight

As interesting and sweet as this new truck is, I'm surprised Losi went in this direction. Seems like they would have gone with a 4wd short course truck either nitro or electric (or both). I don't see a current in-demand niche for this type of vehicle right now. It doesn't fall into any established racing classes, and it doesn't seem targeted toward extreme bashers either. Perhaps Losi was looking for another platform to use their 3.4 engine in. I'm sure they're looking to recoup some of the R&D that went into that mill. Hmmmm. Well, maybe it'll create it's own race class like the Ofna CRT .5 did for awhile. At any rate,looks like a fun truck that has performance to boot!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
HerrSavage

I'm not so sure.. I think in some ways it does make a lot sense.. It's an ideal starter RC for people new to the hobby.. I think RC has changed a lot in the last few years, and getting into it has become a lot more intimidating.. Racing has become a lot more central(which is annoying frankly.. It's time for a bashing renaissance..), and yeah, if you're just starting in RC, to jump right into racing is way too steep a curve.. - financially, as well as technically..

Three or four years ago you could buy an RTR Savage or Revo or whatever and just go have fun, even if you fried an engine along the way.. This is just a new user-friendly, albeit high end, way to get into RC.. Real RC - i.e., nitro...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Checkpointracer

I like it, this is I think the nicest thing losi has put out for awhile. I'm curious what the final price will be...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
R/C Lightweight

I would agree that, at first glance and upon watching the video on the Losi site, it does appear to be of decent quality. Real world bashing will validate this assumption. I had a Sportwerks Reaction stadium truck that had the same kind of starting system and I never had any trouble with it. Herrsavage, I agree that it is a valid entry into user-friendly R/C that can be enjoyed by newbs and pros alike. I wish this truck was around when I first got into nitro some years back. It looks like that Losi 3.4 engine is a screamer!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Chris_RC

Since it is based offf the 8ight-T, I dont see how it cannot be durable!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
matthew__ruane

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I'm not so sure.. I think in some ways it does make a lot sense.. It's an ideal starter RC for people new to the hobby.. I think RC has changed a lot in the last few years, and getting into it has become a lot more intimidating.. Racing has become a lot more central(which is annoying frankly.. It's time for a bashing renaissance..), and yeah, if you're just starting in RC, to jump right into racing is way too steep a curve.. - financially, as well as technically..

Three or four years ago you could buy an RTR Savage or Revo or whatever and just go have fun, even if you fried an engine along the way.. This is just a new user-friendly, albeit high end, way to get into RC.. Real RC - i.e., nitro...
Electrics are becoming cheaper and faster. Nowadays the only real reason to get a Nitro is to hear the engine. Electrics, when looked at in an unbiased manner, are cheaper, cleaner, and easier to maintain. Most beginners don't have the time or money to start with a Nitro anyway.

Once uber-high capacity batteries become more affordable, and runtimes equal to those of Nitros become availble, Nitro will be on it's way out quick in my opinion.

Why would people bother spending 30$ a gallon for fuel if you can just spend roughly the same for a battery that will last many many many times longer and give more performance?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Checkpointracer

ORIGINAL: matthew__ruane

Electrics are becoming cheaper and faster. Nowadays the only real reason to get a Nitro is to hear the engine. Electrics, when looked at in an unbiased manner, are cheaper, cleaner, and easier to maintain. Most beginners don't have the time or money to start with a Nitro anyway.

Once uber-high capacity batteries become more affordable, and runtimes equal to those of Nitros become availble, Nitro will be on it's way out quick in my opinion.

Why would people bother spending 30$ a gallon for fuel if you can just spend roughly the same for a battery that will last many many many times longer and give more performance?

Because nitro is a more immersive experiance. It's soooooo much more fun to drive than electric. Plus you get the ooh-aah from the crowd. It's hard to understand unless you're a nitro guy.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Chris_RC

Last time I checked, a lipo battery can't run for over 2 hours on a charge, and when you recharge it will take a couple hours to recharge because most chargers only go up to 10 amps. Nitro engines can be ran very long, I have ran some of my engines for 2+ hours straight and nothing has happen to them. It is alot quicker to squirt some fuel in to last 10 minutes than to charge a battery for 1 hour to last 10 minutes also. Electric will never take over nitro, nitro engines are getting more reliable and easier to tune than ever, plus people can get 12+ minutes a tank at race pace on them. Nitro isn't all the maintence people make it out to be, put a nitro engine then an electric conversion nitro and what will take more time to clean up? The clutch every few races which takes about 5 minutes to take on and off, plus a slight deburring which will take 5 minutes then you are ready to put the clutch bell/engine on. And electric will put more wear on the diff gears so it is a trade off since diff gears are $20+.

Once you get started with nitro, it is soo much easier than people make it out to be, most of them noobs running their first nitro.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
bhcvc

Looks like the Kyosho DST, which is also a 1/10 truggy. It'd be nice of the DST and this T-Nitro could form a class of their own. I love my DBX/DST and wish it had a class to run in.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 AM
HerrSavage

When it's all said and done, I don't care if electric becomes so fast that it travels back in time. It's just lame.. To watch, to drive, to invest in, whatever.. Going from nitro to electric is like stepping from a Metallica concert into a library. Dancing without music, action movie on mute.. There, that's three good analogies.

Lame!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:47 AM
stussman

When it's all said and done, I don't care if electric becomes so fast that it travels back in time. It's just lame.. To watch, to drive, to invest in, whatever.. Going from nitro to electric is like stepping from a Metallica concert into a library. Dancing without music, action movie on mute.. There, that's three good analogies.

Lame!!!

I always agree with your comments Metallica to a library-best description i have heard of comparing the 2. I got a brushless once and sold it soon after. It was fast but its a toy compared to the sound and fumes of my os28.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM
INTEGRA

Lame!!!

I think someone's Jealous. [sm=eek.gif]
Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 AM
HerrSavage

Yeeahh.. Of what? The zen-like state of peace and quiet?.. The sounds of the birds chirping? Not that I don't like those things, but I'll go for a walk in the park or mountains when I want that.. Ppfff...

Old 10-24-2009, 06:25 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Last time I checked, a lipo battery can't run for over 2 hours on a charge, and when you recharge it will take a couple hours to recharge because most chargers only go up to 10 amps. Nitro engines can be ran very long, I have ran some of my engines for 2+ hours straight and nothing has happen to them. It is alot quicker to squirt some fuel in to last 10 minutes than to charge a battery for 1 hour to last 10 minutes also. Electric will never take over nitro, nitro engines are getting more reliable and easier to tune than ever, plus people can get 12+ minutes a tank at race pace on them. Nitro isn't all the maintence people make it out to be, put a nitro engine then an electric conversion nitro and what will take more time to clean up? The clutch every few races which takes about 5 minutes to take on and off, plus a slight deburring which will take 5 minutes then you are ready to put the clutch bell/engine on. And electric will put more wear on the diff gears so it is a trade off since diff gears are $20+.

Once you get started with nitro, it is soo much easier than people make it out to be, most of them noobs running their first nitro.

As much as i agree with you, as i'll take nitro or gas any day i do want to point some things out.

Todays batteries last even with the beast of motors we have today run times far exceed a nitro, tho charging is the down time. You can get a half hour to 45min a brushless lipo setup. Then the battery takes 45min or so to charge. Electric guys know this so they buy a second pack, so while there out bashing and the battery is done, they swap out and continue on. Also there faster then any nitro will ever be. I agree tho its cool to see how fast they are but when it comes down to it. Where's the smell, the sound thats what really hooks me.

For a little math. Figure 150 for a decent lipo charger and 2 batteries. each battery lasts for say 30 minutes (depending how you drive), now it takes around 45 min to charge.

So to run one battery you will get 30min of runtime, swap out and continue for another 30 minutes, Now wait 15 for the other battery to finish. So all said and done your looking at 1 hour of run time and hour and a half of charging in total for around 150 dollars.

So now we have a nitro car, so a gallon of fuel is around 30 dollars(it can be higher or cheaper), the car lasts 12 minutes of runtime( I know i have gotten close to 20 out of my savage). I'm gonna use my savage fuel tank for an example, its 5.4oz, so lets brake this down 12min / 5.4oz = 2.2oz fuel a minute. So theirs 128oz to a gallon of fuel, lets do some more math. 128 / 2.2 = 58min rough runtime non stop running. So nitro is the cheaper fuel source by far, and almost matches what the E guys runtime's are, tho we don't have to wait to refuel our cars.

So in the end nitro is the cheaper way, and heck anyone should realize this. The newer e-vehicles cost about the same a good rtr nitro, not counting the charger and batteries.

So if you can't make noise, don't like to get your hands dirty and have a huge wallet then i suggest you go E.

If you like to play dirty, make some noise and do it on a budget then nitro is your choice.

Edit: i wanted to add the 5th scale guys such as myself. For what it cost to go have a nice E ride, you can get a sick or cheap entry lvl gasser that for a gallon of gas goes a whole day, each car takes a pint of fuel or so and lasts for a hour +, and at 2.50 a gallon hmm i think u know where this is going.

Figured i'll give my .2.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitro will not be the on the way out..if anything BL is just a fad...once people realize how dull and boring the BL stuff is they will be back to nitro..........BL sucks IMO... I run with both BL and Nitro's and so far the BL's haven't shown any performance advantage on the dirt, they have limited runtimes, and they require a significant amount of time to recharge...BL is just a fad, nitro is king and always will be king !
Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

on order already, perfect basher
Old 10-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

As much as i agree with you, as i'll take nitro or gas any day i do want to point some things out.

Todays batteries last even with the beast of motors we have today run times far exceed a nitro, tho charging is the down time. You can get a half hour to 45min a brushless lipo setup. Then the battery takes 45min or so to charge. Electric guys know this so they buy a second pack, so while there out bashing and the battery is done, they swap out and continue on. Also there faster then any nitro will ever be. I agree tho its cool to see how fast they are but when it comes down to it. Where's the smell, the sound thats what really hooks me.

For a little math. Figure 150 for a decent lipo charger and 2 batteries. each battery lasts for say 30 minutes (depending how you drive), now it takes around 45 min to charge.

So to run one battery you will get 30min of runtime, swap out and continue for another 30 minutes, Now wait 15 for the other battery to finish. So all said and done your looking at 1 hour of run time and hour and a half of charging in total for around 150 dollars.

So now we have a nitro car, so a gallon of fuel is around 30 dollars(it can be higher or cheaper), the car lasts 12 minutes of runtime( I know i have gotten close to 20 out of my savage). I'm gonna use my savage fuel tank for an example, its 5.4oz, so lets brake this down 12min / 5.4oz = 2.2oz fuel a minute. So theirs 128oz to a gallon of fuel, lets do some more math. 128 / 2.2 = 58min rough runtime non stop running. So nitro is the cheaper fuel source by far, and almost matches what the E guys runtime's are, tho we don't have to wait to refuel our cars.

So in the end nitro is the cheaper way, and heck anyone should realize this. The newer e-vehicles cost about the same a good rtr nitro, not counting the charger and batteries.

So if you can't make noise, don't like to get your hands dirty and have a huge wallet then i suggest you go E.

If you like to play dirty, make some noise and do it on a budget then nitro is your choice.

Edit: i wanted to add the 5th scale guys such as myself. For what it cost to go have a nice E ride, you can get a sick or cheap entry lvl gasser that for a gallon of gas goes a whole day, each car takes a pint of fuel or so and lasts for a hour +, and at 2.50 a gallon hmm i think u know where this is going.

Figured i'll give my .2.
On most track here is southern california, even the best can do 20 minutes, and that's pushing it. This is at race pace running on big wide open tracks. Not putting around with an occasional blip to get 45 minutes of runtime. Lipo batteries and charger are more expenive than that, it is $120 for a Triton 2 charger alone, + power supply which is $50 if you dont already have one.

And I dont care about how fast electric is, the point is that nitro engine's can already outpower the car and track, especially if supertib mods it. The extra wheelspin won't do anything beside bald Holeshots in 10 minutes rather of 15.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 PM
rcpro31
My Feedback: (1)

i hate to burst everyones bubble but this has turned into another nitro vs electric fest and were supposed to be talkin about the 10T
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

LOL it got way off topic !!!! anyway there is a place in the hobby for both nitro and electric ... .. indoor electric in winter and outdoor nitro in summer
Old 10-25-2009, 09:38 AM
iceracer65

this is the platform that losi will use for their 1/10th scale SC truck.

then i hope for an 1/8th scale SCeight to rival the SC8!! [>:]
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
iTz Nicholas

When I saw this I thought "cool finally something that might get be back into RC" then I saw the price...[X(] $500 is way to much for a 1/10 considering you can get a Savage or Revo for less then $100 more...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.