Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box >

Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box

Old 11-04-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box

Folks,
Isnapped the starter cord off my HPIHellfire, so picked up a Ofna Starter box pretty cheap.

I'm having issues getting it to work. Am Isuppoised to put in a larger/different flywheel? It seems the rubber wheel on the starter box doesn't engage the flywheel that's on the truck very well.. it kind of "skids"and doesn't turn the motor over!

Can anybody help?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM

Default RE: Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box

Not sure about a RTR, but the SS used a 37mm flywheel. If using a more traditional 34mm flywheel, problems can arise. Enlarge the chassis flywheel cutout side to side so that the starter wheel won't bind on the chassis.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Need help w/my Hellfire & OFna starter box

My HF rtr flywheel works with my thunder tiger box. When the flywheel started looking very smooth on the edge i did swap it for 2 other flywheels and both wouldnt work. They were slightly smaller than the rtr flywheel and wouldnt make enough contact with the box and kept slipping. I think 1 was a savage flywheel and 1 a castor. As soon as i put the old flywheel back on it works perfect.

I just measured the 2 other flywheels and they are both 34mm. The HF flywheel is 37mm and works fine.