Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

LOSI TEn T

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
otistheworm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOSI TEn T

hey guys i got a team losi lst2 that i just got and love it! Also i got a savage xl and i like that too but i was gonna get rid of the xl to get the ten t. I think the remote control start is gonna be a problem cause it will drain out the battery quickly so there will be short run times. So im really unsure. So people of rc uni i want your input should i get rid of the savage? or keep it and get a lrp 30 for it? THanks alot guys.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: LOSI TEn T

I would sell the XL, and get the Losi Ten-T. You already have one big MT with the LST2. The Losi Ten-T will be more of a mix-up.. I've been there and done that having both Savages and LST2's.. Not looking to argue with Savage fans, but with the LST2 you have the best MT ever IMHO. The Savage does have a certain primitive appeal.. But the LST2 can do everything better(again, just my opinion.. I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a stick than argue about this..) So I would just get the Ten-T cuz it's a totally different platform(not to mention scale..) Plus you can share screws and tools and stuff between the two Losis.., and source parts from the same places, etc..

As for the auto-start, who knows.. If it sucks, get rid of it.. You'll still get the DX3S with telemetry, etc..
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dump the Savage ! get the 10T................ dump the ROSS starting system and get a starterbox.then your set......
Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Chris_RC

One thing, it comes with a lipo rx pack so a Losi 2100 lipo would be the same capacity of a 2730nimh pack. Plus the low drainage servos so I think the ROSS system wont be that bad.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think these have the potential to be a great starter truck....its setup to be newbie freindly, but should have the capacity to be a serious machine with very little work...IMO this unit can cover a broad spectrum of users... I think its going to have a optional 2 speed so it could be a pretty fun basher...As well its very likely going to be able to accept a big block pretty easily...It also uses full size servo's.....
Old 11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
otistheworm

The lst2 is the best monster truck i love it!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 PM
thelbz

im really considering this truggy for my fist purchase, been out of the sport for almost 20 years. Either the ten-t or a revo who knows. If I could find a 8ight-t 2.0 for a reasonable price I think i would be better off all around.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
K_B

ORIGINAL: thelbz

im really considering this truggy for my fist purchase, been out of the sport for almost 20 years. Either the ten-t or a revo who knows. If I could find a 8ight-t 2.0 for a reasonable price I think i would be better off all around.
Never have truer words been spoken Hell, if you're just getting back into it, you don't need the latest and greatest. You can pick up a perfectly good "1.0" for a song.

As for Ten-T vs. Revo; the Ten-T will be much easier to work on. Like any truggy, it's designed to be easy to work on. The Revo is convoluted mess in comparison. The Ten-T may also be more reliable because of it's simpler design (no transmission to maintain). Less moving parts = greater reliability.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
mrsmartjohnson

I just ordered the Ten-T after a lot of reviews searched and seen in person on a 1/8 scale at the NitroPit racetrack in Az. it handled the track as well as the eight-T maybe a tad better, you would think the track was made for the Ten-T 1/10 scale instead of the 1/8 scalers. I was so impressed i went home that same night and ordered one for $469 shipped B.N.I.B to my door from my Ebay contact. Call Bob at 269-327-2850 Mon-Fri 10-6 ESTand he will take care of you. i already did the hard part of shopping around for everyone. he also soldme a fuel bottle for $4 (cost). great guy and greatcommunicator and was ableto use paypal for security and use and earn Ebay bucks also, so basically i also got $10 off additionally and earned $10 for future Ebay purchases as well.i told bob i would send him as many people as i could because of his awesome transaction. he had same price as everybody else $499.99 with free shipping but was only guy that would match ultimatehobby.com price so i could use paypal and my Ebay bucks!!! ( I tried all of the Ebay sellers selling and he was theonlyone, Guys!!!!
JUSTFORYOURGUYSINFO!!!!! Go see one in person and watch them and then you will know which to buy! Losi all the way, done with traxxas always breaking!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: K_B

ORIGINAL: thelbz

Never have truer words been spoken Hell, if you're just getting back into it, you don't need the latest and greatest. You can pick up a perfectly good "1.0" for a song.

As for Ten-T vs. Revo; the Ten-T will be much easier to work on. Like any truggy, it's designed to be easy to work on. The Revo is convoluted mess in comparison. The Ten-T may also be more reliable because of it's simpler design (no transmission to maintain). Less moving parts = greater reliability.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Mickstix

The Ten-T looks like an awesome little truck!! Hopefully they did their homework on the ROSS and it'll hold up, and not hamper run times too much.. The ROSS systems would never cut it for racing, but man what a nice option it'd be on a basher, especially if they get any kinks worked out and it's reliable!! Looking forward to hearing some user reviews of the TEN-T!! Good luck on your purchase!!
Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 PM
mrsmartjohnson

I will review it as soon as i get it, it was back ordered through my supplier, but is said to be at my house on the 21st of this month. I guess they have been selling lot hot cakes on a frosty morning. i am so excited to try it out especially after seen it run by a Pro at the Nitropit in Az. I 'll keep everyone posted.

ORIGINAL: Mickstix

The Ten-T looks like an awesome little truck!! Hopefully they did their homework on the ROSS andit'll hold up, and not hamper run times too much.. The ROSS systems would never cut it for racing, but man what a nice option it'd be on a basher, especially if they get any kinks worked out and it's reliable!! Looking forward to hearing some user reviews of the TEN-T!! Good luck on your purchase!!