Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 hyper st electrical question? >

hyper st electrical question?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

hyper st electrical question?

Old 11-29-2009, 07:01 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper st electrical question?

hi, planning on up-grading my battery pack in my hyper st from AA's to a hump pack. but i also want to get a high torque steering servo along w/ it. now i was checking at nitrohouse and saw an ofna 1700 mah 5-cell hump pack. and i wondered, will this pack pack enough juice to power a hitec HS985MG high torque servo? im asking because in the servo's description it noted that you needed to have a receiver pack thats powerful enough to work the servo. or do you think i need to go lipo(are lipo's even compatable w/ the hyper st)? thanx, clay unruh
Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 PM

Default RE: hyper st electrical question?

6 volts is what is needed to run the servo in most cases, the problem is the run time on the hump pack if your running a energy sucking servo. I use 3300MAh hump pack batteries when the servo's are hog's
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Default RE: hyper st electrical question?

ORIGINAL: 1cougar1

hi, planning on up-grading my battery pack in my hyper st from AA's to a hump pack. but i also want to get a high torque steering servo along w/ it. now i was checking at nitrohouse and saw an ofna 1700 mah 5-cell hump pack. and i wondered, will this pack pack enough juice to power a hitec HS985MG high torque servo? im asking because in the servo's description it noted that you needed to have a receiver pack thats powerful enough to work the servo. or do you think i need to go lipo(are lipo's even compatable w/ the hyper st)? thanx, clay unruh
I have exactly this Ofna 1700mAh hump pack in all my 3 nitro trucks, and i have HiTech 7955MG and Hitech 5645TG in all these truck, and no problem at all. Make the 30 minutes Main with no problems, with plenty of power.