Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

My Losi TEN-T

Old 01-13-2010, 04:33 AM
gtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Losi TEN-T

TEN-T is my 1st LOSI truck , amazing 1/10 truggy , I love it. Thank you Losi.

Show some pics.....

CVD

3mm shock stay

Black color 3mm thick chassis

quite thick a-arm & set screw

.20 engine

4mm thick turnbuckle & 12mm shocks

14mm hex hub

digital servo

3300T RX with Telemetry

ROSS & modify to T-plug

1st tank run in status

compare the size with 1/8 truggy....TEN-T not too small.

Thanks for watching.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: My Losi TEN-T

that thing is awesome and i need another truck like a hole in my head and i see that hole on its way to.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 AM
silverman1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto, But I am freaking jealous!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM
mrsmartjohnson

I ordered mine last weekend should be here 1/21/2010. Guys if you're seriously looking at one of these i bought mine for $469.99 shipped to my door. i was also able to use my Ebay bucks at paypal checkout for additional savings and even earned $10 additional Ebay bucks for buying it on Ebay. it's the best price around i checked for 3 weeks before ordering. if you want my suppliers detail email me! I can't wait to take it to the Nitropit raceway!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Doxiedad
My Feedback: (4)

That looks very nice. I've been thinking about a 1/8 buggy but this is tempting.

How are your impressions after driving it? Overall good quality?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
GravityJunkie

Looks really nice. I wish they'd have a roller version so I could go electric. Seems like you get alot of stuff for the amount of $$$.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 AM
mrsmartjohnson

I'll let U know tomorrow or next day after I get it and break it in. They say you don't need to, but i'm oldschool and always break in everything, even my automobiles.

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

That looks very nice. I've been thinking about a 1/8 buggy but this is tempting.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 AM
mrsmartjohnson

What is the advantage of the T-plug??? I just got mine today but won't be able to run it for a while, El Nino has came thru and everything is flooded everywhere with more rain on the way! We just got over half of our annual rainfall in 1 storm!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: gtr

TEN-T is my 1st LOSI truck , amazing 1/10 truggy , I love it. Thank you Losi.

Show some pics.....

CVD

3mm shock stay

Black color 3mm thick chassis

quite thick a-arm & set screw

.20 engine

4mm thick turnbuckle & 12mm shocks

14mm hex hub

digital servo

3300T RX with Telemetry

ROSS & modify to T-plug

1st tank run in status

compare the size with 1/8 truggy....TEN-T not too small.

Thanks for watching.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
gtr

ORIGINAL: Doxiedad

My little impressions:
- stock 3.4 engine is so powerful , top speed & low end also amazing.
- dx3s telemetery quite useful & control distance can over 100m.
- good steering response & easy to drive
- easy start engine

Out of the box, I full check all screws & found the right side of steering bellcrank screw hole alredy worn out.

After playing 20 tanks oil, still have no broken parts, because of i'm not a serious basher.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
gtr

ORIGINAL: mrsmartjohnson
What is the advantage of the T-plug??? I just got mine today but won't be able to run it for a while, El Nino has came thru and everything is flooded everywhere with more rain on the way! We just got over half of our annual rainfall in 1 storm!!!!!!!
Because :
1. the Losi connector wire side easy worn out(while no heat shrink tube protection) when the battery take it out & put it in the radio box after several times.
2. shorten the wire length let more easy insert the battery into radio box.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
mrsmartjohnson

UPDATEFOLKS: I have 10 tanks thru mine so far!! Absolutely no problems with the remote start! Runs awesome and comes binded to radio and comes tuned for break in. i had to adjust carb for desert elevation as was running a litlle rich from break in and I'm using sidewinder racing blend with 12% oil. but it has run 51 mph according to the telemtry!!! i crashed it hard on the 5th tank (ran it into my brick mailbox column at 23 mph and believ it or not nothing broke just slightlt bent front wheel but even it isn't bent enough to replace yet!! So to all of those Traxxas lovers who were hating on the remote start, seems like Losi did their homework. i tink i am going to buy Novsrossi heat sink for the motor for $34 shipped though because it is made from 7075 vs stock 6026 alloy. engine is not overheating at all, but i believe in caution and with this heatsink head should last much longer! (it's available on Ebay for anybody that wants to know where to buy it! P.s. ultimatehobby.com just reduced their price to $404.95 shipped for the Losi Ten-T, cheapest anywhere by $65.00!!!!!!!!

Igive it a perfect 10 out of 10 realistically A+++
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 AM
HerrSavage

Waste of money that heatsink IMO.. There are better ways to spend your money..
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
mrsmartjohnson

why would it be a wate of money?? I live in the desert where temps get over 110* F easily, and thought it would help for the summer temps. i know 7075 alloy will transfer and dissipate heat better than the stock 6026 heatsink from the factory. I'm not trying to be a know it all or anything and respect your opinion as you have and have had way more nitro rc's than i will ever have, just trying to find out why??? let me know what else you think would be a good option to buy aftermarket for, they are still coming out with stuff for it but not a lot yet as it is so new!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM
HerrSavage

Well you said it wasn't overheating, so yeah, I guess I'd see it as a kind of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of thing..

This hobby is expensive enough. I just believe in trying to not spend on what you don't need. And I know what I'm talking about when it comes to buying too much unnecessary stuff:

Fuel, glow plugs, good servos, tires, maybe an upgrade engine and pipe when the time comes, spares, a snazzy new bod.. Those are the musts.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Yeah, I was mostly talking now during the winter. i don't know what it will want to run temp wise in the phoenix desert with outside air temps in the 110+ range that is all I was saying, and he lives in Australia and it gets hot there also so that was kinda my point, but i see yours too!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
silverman1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cats Hersavage your as bad as me when it comes to owning way to many rc's!!! Its a freaking addiction for sure!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
thelbz

why would it be a wate of money?? I live in the desert where temps get over 110* F easily, and thought it would help for the summer temps. i know 7075 alloy will transfer and dissipate heat better than the stock 6026 heatsink from the factory. I'm not trying to be a know it all or anything and respect your opinion as you have and have had way more nitro rc's than i will ever have, just trying to find out why??? let me know what else you think would be a good option to buy aftermarket for, they are still coming out with stuff for it but not a lot yet as it is so new!
6026 and 7075 will act the same as a heatsink, one will not provide better heat transfer than the other. The only difference is the strength of the material not its heat transferring abilities. Now a copper head would be best in a rc engine due to being air cooled.
Air cooling is the most common form of cooling. The best preforming heatsinks have a large surface area. When it comes to the amount of heat dissipation the values that matter in calculating the actual amount is the surface area and the difference in temperatures of the heatsink and the adjacent air. When you apply a constant load onto the heatsink then the temperature of it will rise until the amount of heat entering the heatsink and the amount of heat dissipation are equal. The airflow improves the amount of dissipated heat because it provides cooler air to the surface of the heat sink. With no airflow, the air warms up around the heatsink and has to dissipate heat through the air.

The reason copper heatsinks with the same surface area as aluminum preform better is because copper transfers heat better. The temperature drop from the engine to the surface of the heatsink is very important. If the drop is 20 degrees then the heatsink can't cool very well because there isn't as much of a difference between the air and the heatsink surface. A perfect heatsink setup would have it's entire surface area the same temperature as the engine. This would provide better cooling than a real world situation.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 PM
mrsmartjohnson

This is what I am talking about: http://cgi.ebay.com/COOLING-HEAD-Los...item5ad651befe
it would seem that if they make false claims they would be lible?? they claim 40% cooler running with less fuel burnt for longer run times!!!
let me know what you guys think, i have seen these same heat sinks on different race engines also at roar and the grand nationals!!!

ORIGINAL: thelbz

6026 and 7075 will act the same as a heatsink, one will not provide better heat transfer than the other. The only difference is the strength of the material not its heat transferring abilities. Now a copper head would be best in a rc engine due to being air cooled.
Air cooling is the most common form of cooling. The best preforming heatsinks have a large surface area. When it comes to the amount of heat dissipation the values that matter in calculating the actual amount is the surface area and the difference in temperatures of the heatsink and the adjacent air. When you apply a constant load onto the heatsink then the temperature of it will rise until the amount of heat entering the heatsink and the amount of heat dissipation are equal. The airflow improves the amount of dissipated heat because it provides cooler air to the surface of the heat sink. With no airflow, the air warms up around the heatsink and has to dissipate heat through the air.

The reason copper heatsinks with the same surface area as aluminum preform better is because copper transfers heat better. The temperature drop from the engine to the surface of the heatsink is very important. If the drop is 20 degrees then the heatsink can't cool very well because there isn't as much of a difference between the air and the heatsink surface. A perfect heatsink setup would have it's entire surface area the same temperature as the engine. This would provide better cooling than a real world situation.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
thelbz

well if you read my post you would of learned that surface area is a huge factor and by looking at that heatsink it appears that there is a significant amount of surface area i.e. count the fins whats the losi have 8 i think and this has 12 thus more surface area. So it would work more efficiently
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
supertib

an engine needs to be run between 220-250 degress...any cooler is no good, any hotter is no good.... Unless the stock heatsink cannot cool the engine properly there is no point in a aftermarket cooling head....In some cases they can cause more harm then good if they overcool the engine...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Ok, so i will keep the stock head for now unless i know is getting hotter than the 250*F mark! Thanks for your help guys!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

i didnt think this was a truggy, but they are pretty cool. They will start havin classes for these real soon. i'm sure of it
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
rc--insane

Ultimatehobby.com is not found when looking for this. Please write back with the correct address. Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
osteologation

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com
Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: osteologation

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com
Last time I checked they had it on sale for $404.95 shipped to your door. Unbelievable for that price!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.