Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Bought a used Hellfire, few questions... >

Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...

Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...

Fixed it Ithink...put in the red springs too which level it out perfectly with stiffness. Idid run it a little today but Ithink one of the brushing for the a-arm was worn as the a-arm\suspension collapsed, 10 second fix that costed me nothing as the guy sent extra brushing, kinda strange HPImade them plastic when metal hinge pins go there....I def need to tune it, Inoticed it making "vr-vruum" sounds when first flooring it, clearly not tuned right.

I've ordered so far...aluminum chassis braces (front, rear, center), 5mm aluminum shock towers, and upgraded HR shocks for the rear...Ican't really see what else needs to be upgraded on the Hellfire, as those seem to be all the vital points, anything else is just bling. I guess next up is differentials, thoughI have never done differential work on a r\c car, so I don't quite know how to access them, nor do Iunderstand what "shimming" means.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RPaulG87

My biggest issue now, is I can not get air bubbles out of these shocks if my life depended on it, either that or something else is messed up. No matter what I do, no matter how much air I get out, when I put the shock cap back on, I can NOT push the piston upward, it's like it has some kind of resistance, yet when no oil is in it, it works perfectly, any ideas? I'm tired of spending an hour on one friggin' shock -.-
Maybe bent shock shaft.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Shocks aren't bent...today I took off the upper chassis to prepare, had to use a dremel to cut flat-head holes into two front screws since they were stripped, on the one near the fuel tank Ialmost had to cut half way into the chassis to extract it, annoying -.- why do they make these things with screws that strip so friggin' easily?

More info on the shocks, it's strange...Iput them on, Ihad to push down a bunch on the truck to extract the screws Icut into, the suspension was working fine..then it seems that one shock after going down and up so many times, locks up, any ideas why?It's almost like it's hydrolic locking...