Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Complete Newbie... Need some advice please. >

Complete Newbie... Need some advice please.

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Complete Newbie... Need some advice please.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Newbie... Need some advice please.

Hi,
I am a complete newbie to the world of RC. I owned some slow electric stuff in the 80's as a kid, but that was the extent of it.

I came across a deal locally the other day that sparked my interest. Instead of jumping into it, I wanted to find a place where the experts could give some advice. And I found this place.

So, I found a used (just broken in according to the owner) CEN MAGNUM NX 3.0 TRUGGY.

Comes with: the truggy, SANWA MX radio, glow plug ignitor and two gallons of Nitro Fuel. It NEEDS- A glow plug to get it on the road.

The guy wants $150 for everything. Which I am sure can be negotiated.

My questions..., is this a good start to get into RC? Is the price good?

I want to get something inexpensive and thought a used RC like this might be a place to start.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM

Default RE: Complete Newbie... Need some advice please.

are you planning on racing or just bashing? if racing i would not go with it cen = not a good racer but they make good bashers because they just do not break. i have had both the cen truggy and 2 buggies. they were extremely durable but they were behind on the track they didnt handle the turns good at all. the cen buggy is ok its a good beginner buggy but when you get to a certain speed it doesnt want to go any faster. cen are cheap on parts though. also check out ebay they have good deals on stuff on there i bought an jammin x1 off there that was used and i ran it for over a year before converting it to an x2. just something to think about.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:55 PM

Im gonna bash it around.  Dont know if I want to get into racing, just thought about having a nitro to tear up the desert with.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l recon its a good buy for the price.
Gets you into the sport, there a reasonably tough machine, great to learn on, l recon lash out bud, talk turkey with him if you can for more discount, but its still a good deal if the engines is good.

l wont say have fun cause its a given with that thing !
Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 PM

Another RC popped up here today. The AD Says>, HPI Savage nitro truck, .25 version. Stock, very clean . Comes w/alot of extras, fuel, battery packs, high end charger, roto start, battery discharger, etc. As shown in pics. Used twice in 2 years by old guy. $280. . . . . . .
He said he has not run it in a year.

I really appreciate the replies and advice. Since I am new to this. I want to make sure I get the experts viewpoints before dropping a bunch of money into a new hobby!Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:31 PM

Any advice on the Savage 25?<div>
</div><div>Thx</div>
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 PM

if you like it and feel comfortable with the buy then get it. you have to be the happy one with your buy since your the one using it. and since your just bashing that will be just fine.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 PM

hey bud im an old guy i can squeeze the trigger on my remote with no problem dont buy used look on stormer hobbies they have the older rustler 2.5 for 199.00 also on ebay there is a thunder tiger tomahawk buggy for 169.00 or best offer tell him 145.00 you may get it its .18 and four wd and its new beleive me used is someone elses headache
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM

not always IMO. everything on my buggy is used except for my steering servo and i never have a problem. i bought my buggy used off ebay and ran it for a year before converting it to an x2. my engine, radio (m11), throttle servo, buggy, and even the tires are used. i race pro buggy in GA with all used stuff so not all used stuff is bad you just have to know what to look for. i bought used stuff because its hard for me to buy new stuff because im in college right now and money is tight for me. but buying new you know you wont have any problems, i would buy new if i could but used isnt bad either unless you dont have pics or if you cant hold it and see it run yourself then i would not buy it.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 PM

also on amain hobbies look at the associated mmgt 3.0 its 259.00 use code CALPJAN1025 and get 25.00 off for 234.00 its the most bang for your buck out there this sucker cranks all it needsis a cheap ripple pipe from ebay like 12.00 to really wake it up
Old 02-02-2010, 11:08 PM

if this guy is willing to spend 280.00 on a beat on old savage im saving him 50 to 100 dollars off the bat and he is getting new im a firm beleiver in getting the most for my money i never spend full price on anything
Old 02-03-2010, 10:17 AM

Well I would have to see the savage first. The guy, also old guy, that owns it said its like new. And I will get a chance to see it run. If I don't think its on the up & up, I will look @ a new one. .How does that MMGT 3.0 compare with durability and speed?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Well the guy told me he would sell me the Savage for 175.00. Then later that night he sent me a message that he sold it, after we made a deal..

Oh Well......... After spending some time at the local hobby shop and talking with a guy that has years with these little beauties, my eyes were opened up to the world of RC.

I decided to jump into the RC world via the Traxxas Slash 4x4 Electric. Little over my budget, but after checking them out, looks like they are good for bashing or racing.

We will see.

thanks for the help, although on the end of the sellers it fell through.

I sure do appreciate the help, and see you 'round here with the new ride!!!!!!.<br type="_moz" />