Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 AM
etopsflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Guys

Is it true that a Losi Ten T is RTR right out of the box? Losi say that the nitro engine is broken-in for Sea Level atmospheric pressure. They only suggest to go easy on the first tank?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SWZLdeMtbE

Is this correct and are there any particular things that you would have to look at before the first start-up and run of this very attractive truggy?

Cheers

Etops
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
etopsflight

Default RE: Losi Ten-T RTR Right Out of the Box?!

Guys

Any Ten-T owners out there who can share their experience?

I have downloaded all the literature from the Losi website and there is a standard pamphlet which is not car specific, that advises a break-in procedure.

Please let me know if you broke your Ten in or not.

Cheers

Etops
Old 02-25-2010, 04:04 PM
streetsports

yes its true....i still did the normal (i use traxxas) break in procedure but it honestly never really changed...seems like it was actually already broken in...but if i had it to do over i would have still did a break in procedure
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 AM
etopsflight

streetsports

thanks for the reply

i thought this was a popular truggy and there would be lots of owners out there giving loads of advice, seems not.

did you strip down the engine and flush it before running?

cheers

etops
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

thats what losi says ....
Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 AM
etopsflight

guys

okay, put it this way.

has anybody ran it like a bat out of hell straight out of the box and incurred problems with the nitro engine?

cheers

etops
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 PM
bphicks123

i was easy on it for the first few tanks, and then it seemed to be ready for WOT.

I have not had any problem so far, i have a couple litres through it.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM
etopsflight

@bphicks123

thanks for the reply, much appeciated.

once the LHS restocks this truggy in the green bodyshell, it will be mine!

cheers

etops
Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
bphicks123

i think you will like this truggy alot, i got the mean green as well.

there is no need for a prolonged break in, as i said just go easy on it at first.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
etopsflight

yeah, i am normally sceptical even if they say the engine piston and sleeve are manufactured to tight tolerances that does not necessitate break-in. what about machining debris left inside the engine casing which can cause glow-plug fouling and scratching of sleeve surface. i normally flush my new engines.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:06 AM
nitroade

I finally ran my Ten T today for the first time, I've been waiting since Christmas. Took it easy for the first 3 tanks, progressively increasing the throttle. Blipped full throttle for a couple of bursts on tank 4. I read the literature as well, but it just seemed wrong to me to fuel it up and just beat on it on the 2nd tank.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
etopsflight

@nitroade

yeah, i'm with you. i would strip down the motor too and flush the manufacturing krud out of it also.

i understand that the truggy comes with 3 diffs which are filled with grease only.

has anybody used diff oil in their setup and what weight of oil are you using?

cheers

etops
Old 03-12-2010, 02:27 AM
nitroade

What kind of run times are you getting out of the stock lipo battery?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:50 AM
etopsflight

dunno, the Ten-T is not in my garage yet.

the wife still has not discovered the revo 3.3 under the bed and my savage XL still has not been run yet.

saw the mini e-revo in the shops today too, was salivating but i managed to keep my money in my pocket!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 PM
mrsmartjohnson

My Ten_T has almost 1 gallon through it, runs flat out sreaming all the way! I didn't trust the already broken in procedure, I just did the heat up, ccol down BDC heat cycle breakin for 4 to 5 tanks just like every other RC. I have been told by my friend who races that the tolerances are really really tight, almost too tight he thinks and has boring his and some other .003 over. I haven't let him do mine yet, a I haven't seen any problems from too much tightness. Mine starts everytime and doesn't feel like it is dragging on starting like he has said others have. Maybe because I did the proper breakin procedure though too I am suspecting??? I love it, it is best new RC I have ever owned and ran for that matter for the $$$ spent!!! I did have some concerns that maybe I was running too lean, because of the temp alarms going off, but Supertib told me that all engines should run between 220* and 250* anyway so i am okay and it runs awesome the way it is tuned now, does donuts in asphalt right now, and breaks the tires loose on takeoff in the asphalt also!!! I don't know how accurate the display is in MPH but I have seen 49-51 MPH on it!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 AM
etopsflight

guys

just saw squirrel's report on youtube regarding the stock battery. has anybody fitted an aftermarket lipo with higher capacity and better endurance to stop the R.O.S.S. draining the power and leaving you with a semi-fail safe situation?

let me know if there are any lipos that fit without without modification - thanks!

cheers

etops
Old 03-27-2010, 12:47 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: etopsflight

guys

just saw squirrel's report on youtube regarding the stock battery. has anybody fitted an aftermarket lipo with higher capacity and better endurance to stop the R.O.S.S. draining the power and leaving you with a semi-fail safe situation?

let me know if there are any lipos that fit without without modification - thanks!

cheers

etops
Honestly, I don't know nor have I ever encountered it!! It has Telemetry on it to keep track of battery voltage and the stock lipo lasts a long time. Once you tune it for final tune after break in it starts immediately and you have long run times on battery and you just watch receiver battery info on the Spektrum radio. never had any problems with mine running away ever!!! Squirrel is a great tuner, but on this comment I have serious questions such as why he isn't looking at the telemetry voltage on the radio?? Like I said never had any problems and run several tanks back to back, so this is Bizarre to me.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:58 AM
etopsflight

@mrsmartjohnson

that's good to know. however it would be nice to have a higher capacity lipo in there just to make sure!

squirrel is an authority in rc so it's hard to ignore his views and comments.

so what kind of runs times are you getting with your ten-t?

cheers

etops
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
gtr

My TEN-T almost 3month , very funny & no parts broken , worth for buy it.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 PM
etopsflight

@gtr

are there many people running this truggy in hong kong?

where did you buy it - hobby hobby or jethobby?

cheers

etops
Old 03-29-2010, 06:02 PM
gtr

Jet
ORIGINAL: etopsflight

@gtr

are there many people running this truggy in hong kong?

where did you buy it - hobby hobby or jethobby?

cheers

etops
I guess very few ppl bought this truggy in HK!!!

Jethobby
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Got_Demo

The Ten is my first nitro and it is awesome. I have always followed the idea of " break it in like your gonna run it " for everything from cars to motorcycles so the Ten wasnt going to get any different treatment. Charged it, fuel it, brought it up to temp and let it rip. Truck runs like a bat out of hell and is the new favorite of the fleet. I guess we will see how the motor holds up to pure punishment. 
Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
silverman1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the ten truggy handle the rougher terraign, and high grass and all? I know my 1/8 scale truggies handle it all pretty good, hill climbs, grass etc. Just wondering because it is a lot of bread to lay out for a 1/10 scale truggy. Please don't take this as a put down, because i am definately not putting it down, I am very tempted to bite and take ownership of one!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM
mrsmartjohnson

ORIGINAL: silverman1

How does the ten truggy handle the rougher terraign, and high grass and all? I know my 1/8 scale truggies handle it all pretty good, hill climbs, grass etc. Just wondering because it is a lot of bread to lay out for a 1/10 scale truggy. Please don't take this as a put down, because i am definately not putting it down, I am very tempted to bite and take ownership of one!!!!
I will tell you, i have taken mine with me to quarrys to climb the hills and it is awesome, you can stop on the hill and take off and power it up easily with the final tune (final tune is much stronger than factory settings in my opinion and have gained lots of power). I have made some awesome jumps on the way up (followed motorcycles jumping the top of the smaller hills as ramps and man does it sail thru the air with EASE)! If I can ever get my friend to ever forward me the video of it, I will post them here for everyone to see! Unfortunately I don't own a video camera and am his mercy and his detailing business is keeping him Bust lately al day and into the night lately! No regrets here, Just buy it you can't go wrong with it for the price! $404.99 @ ultimatehobbies.com shipped! Almost a full $100.00 cheaper than any ebay seller and the best price I have found anywhere and $60 cheaper than what I paid for mine!! if you eventually want to move onto 1/8 scale do so and keep the awesome Spektrum radio and receiver and buy a 1/8 scale race roller and you will be way ahead!! Personally I have beaten the bigger race winning Losi Eight-T around the tracks with mine so I'm not spending a lot more because for me it isn't any better and I LOVE the R.O.S.S. sytem and telemetry!! Very, very satisfied and is best RTR on the market anywhere for the money in my Humble Opinion!!!

P.s. I can't tell you on tall grass as I live in the desert, but mine has been in rocky wasjhes with no problem whatsoever!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:13 PM
MightyMike

I just got the Losi Ten-T, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the best fuel to use in it. I bought a gallon of O'Donnels 20% racing fuel from my local hobby store, but the warranty stipulates that you must use the Losi Nitrotane fuel. What fuel does everyone else run through their Ten-T? What fuel seems best and produces the most power?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.