Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 AM
rezac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

I have a brushless E-Maxx, it has a Tamiya esc but it can only handle 3s and no lipo cutoff with a Novak HV 4.5 motor. Retail prices were $229 for the esc and $179 for the motor, I just put the Robinson slipper clutch in it and the Big Bore shocks on it. I haven't run it yet with the new shocks. I am debating on trading it for a brand new Ten-T. I can sell the DX3S since I already have one. I have read people are only getting about 6 minute run times with the Ten-T? I have 2 1/5th scales and the E-Maxx and a Stampede. Any input? I have run many nitros in the past and told myself I wouldn't get one again but this one seems pretty sweet and not outrages since I am trading even up for it.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:37 PM
mrsmartjohnson

Default RE: Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

Yes, 6 minute run times are off, unless it is improperly tuned with way too much fat and that would cause short run times and foul glow plugs also!! You should get 10-12 minutes if tuned properly, if wide open throttle all of the time they will be shortened but not 6 mins run time!!! Trade for it you will love it, find out as much as you can though, how many tanks through it, why he wants to get rid of it, etc, etc.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:46 PM
rezac

Default RE: Trade Brushless E-Maxx for Ten-T?

It would have a been a brand new one from the LHS. I got rid of the E-Maxx now to fund my FG MT project. Thanks for the response though.