Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

RC8T RTR Tunning Help....

Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM
pistolpete01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC8T RTR Tunning Help....

Hey guys I need some help......

I just got an AE RC8T RTR from Tower Hobbies this week and I was anxious to get it running. It has a 4.60 PRO (.28 PRO) engine. Today I went out and started breaking in the engine the way the manual says. I have already gone through 4-5 tanks and I still cannot get it to idle right, much less get it tunned right. On the last tank, (tank 5) I gave it some throttle about 1/4 to 1/2, and most of the times it would shut off, the other times it was real sluggish. While I had it running during each tank the tires would keep spinning real fast and sounded like it was really reving up. I messed alittle with the HSN and LSN but ended up putting them back to the standard setting like the manual says. After the 5th tank I finally gave up.

Here are the needle settings as stated in the manual:

High speed mixture:
Screw the high speed mixture screw clockwise, until it bottoms out. DO NOT over tighten. Now turn the mixture screw counter-clockwise 2 3/4 turns.

Low speed mixture:
Make this adjustment with the throttle closed, after setting the idle. Turn the screw clockwise gently until it bottoms out. DO NOT over tighten. Now turn the low speed mixture screw counter clockwise 6 1/2 turns.

I have it exactly like it says and still having trouble. If anyone can help me give me some advice, please.

When I broke in my Savage it was alot easier to break in and tune. I had it running real good the first day I broke in the engine, but with this RC8T, can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks
Pete Garcia
Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 AM
kirkbride

Default RE: RC8T RTR Tunning Help....

Im not too familiar with this engine, but by the sounds of things its slugging because its drowning on fuel, generally happens when you having it sitting there for a while then try to rev it when the engine is running really rich, try leaning it up slowly 1/8th at a time on the hsn, also knock up the idle screw a tad if your having problems getting it to idle.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: RC8T RTR Tunning Help....

sounds lean to me, a new motor should be sort of boggy and tons of smoke and alot fuel blowing out of the pipe. sometimes new motors have some junk in them, flush the carb out with a baby syringe and fuel tubing, back the needles most of the way out and blast fuel through the inlet, then clear the motor and reset everything and try it again .. it should not idle real high during break in, just high enough to keep it idling. during break in try to maintain temps around 200