Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Need help with Redcat Backdraft 3.5

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need help with Redcat Backdraft 3.5

Old 03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
ezbay35150
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Redcat Backdraft 3.5

I just bought a very slightly used Redcat Backdraft 3.5 nitro. I'm having trouble with the tuning. It starts fine but dies when throttle is opened up. I'm running a standard glow plug and 10% fuel. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
K_B

Default RE: Need help with Redcat Backdraft 3.5

10% fuel? I would try something with a little more kick, like 20%. I thought the lower percentage nitro was for helicopters or boats or something? Sound like the low speed needle needs to be leaned out a bit....
Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use, 20% fuel and sounds like a tuning issue also, may be too lean or may be too rich, usually too lean will start out ok but when you get the rpms up it will stall out because its starving for fuel, too rich will start out sluggish and sound crackling then just die out from too much fuel.

Most heli's and boats use higher nitro, 30% or more, 10-15% is more for planes.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:04 AM
RXXX3R

The only problem is we don't know if it's too rich or too lean to begin with. Leaning it out could make it better or make it worse.

If it opens up and revs slightly and then immediately dies it's too lean. If it sounds like it's stuck in mud and then dies, it's too rich.

The best way to figure these things out is by making 1/8th, or if you're bold, 1/2 turn adjustments until it's fixed. Then you can go from there.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:05 PM
ezbay35150
My Feedback: (11)

Thanks for everyones help! I'm very close to having it running perfect. This Redcat buggy screams! I would recommend it to anyone!