Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice On a new Rig

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Looking for advice On a new Rig

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Ataylor76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice On a new Rig

ok my Jammin X1 CRTtook a crap on me when another racer sent me to the wall. Itore us apart and decided it was to old to fix. The engine even locked up fro mthe impact. So now Im forced to find something new.
Right now Iam looking at 3 brands. They are not top of the line as Iam just looking for something to tie me over till nest year when Ican pick up my Losi.(gotta wait for taxes again)
Ok Iam looking at the Exceed Madwarrior/Battalion....Ihere ALOTof good and bad things about this and NitroRCX. Imean if ipay for something I want what i order without hassle.
Also looking at the Redcat Racing Monsoon. Havent seen much about them
Also Checking out the CENMatrix TR. Only thing Ihave heard bad about them is usuing Red loctite or usinf it in the wrong places.
Now Ican not verify any of these claims Ipretty much go with the flow and investigate before purchasing. But Iam currently looking for 1/8th scale
truggy .21 to .28 with a 2.4GHz radio...Imay be missing other budget brands but Ithink this is all out there in the 3 to 4 hundred dollar range.
Thansk for any info or advise.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: Looking for advice On a new Rig

Take a look at the Caster Racing K8T also. It is at the $400 range you are looking at. Support is great and the truggy is extremely durable and upgradeable.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Ataylor76

Yes they look nice. Any Ideas on a retailer in the US?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 PM
chaserogesr14

holeshothobbies.com
Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 PM
jmaxey51

you can get yourself a hotbodies D8t for like 320 or you can get a jammin x2 crt for 400. i would go with those over caster any day mainly because parts are next to impossible to find. not bashing caster but everyone i see runs them and they break everyweek and then the people switch not just because of breaking but because they said it handles bad and has no snap. this is all stuff i have heard i never driven one.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Ataylor76

Has to be NEWand RTR....Ipersonally never heard of Caster but IfiguredIwould take a peek and see to keep my options open.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
jmaxey51

the only truggy that i know of that comes with a 2.4 radio is the losi 8ight 2.0 but its 800. if you get a a D8T for 320, 150 in servos, 200 for a good 21 engine and another 130 for a good 2.4 radio youll be alot better off IMO. RTRs needs upgrades FAST. you have to replace servos usually after the first tank, NO JOKE. and the RTRs engines only last 4-6 gallons before they are completely shot. been there done that and wasted my money. just my opinion. also if you dont care to race you can get a losi 10t.

i have had a cen matrix tr and i can tell you if you race it will be junk. i had to cut new holes in the chassis to put another tank on because the tank will NOT seal. i bought 2 tanks and tried everything in the book. but the engine that comes with it is awesome, its the best RTR engine i have seen or driven.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Ataylor76

No my season is pretty much over this year. After that crash Im pretty much just looking for something ti bash around the yard to keep me busy for the summer. If it lasts that long Ill be happy. Then next year Ima pick up a Losi 8ghtT RTR.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

you can get yourself a hotbodies D8t for like 320 or you can get a jammin x2 crt for 400. i would go with those over caster any day mainly because parts are next to impossible to find. not bashing caster but everyone i see runs them and they break everyweek and then the people switch not just because of breaking but because they said it handles bad and has no snap. this is all stuff i have heard i never driven one.
Most good brands nowadays break from owner/operator error and how well that person built the car together. Most any of the brand truggies mentioned here will handle what this guy wants to do without a problem whatsoever. They are all tough and durable. My K8T rarely has a problem at all and I am not one for doing too much maintenance.

Where I live parts for most all of these have to be ordered online most likely because LHS's only want to carry Traxxas and stuff. Guess depends where you live. Its cheaper online anyways lol!

Handling bad also has to do with the setup. Were you at PNB3 in Ga a couple weeks ago? Cannot say how many other brands I turned under and past in the whoops and ran all week in PRO class without touching my truck except for clutch shoes and never broke. hmmm...... Someone who does not do setup good can make the best truck handle the worst.

So honestly if it were me and you did not want or try the Caster I would get a RC8T RTR over all the rest. Very solid truck. Associated is really hot right now and lots of parts for them. Good LPR tires out of the box, decent servo's, decent radio.