Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Best RTR Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Luck1320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best RTR Truggy

I'm looking into getting a truggy to bash along with my Savage X and 2.5 T-Maxx, and possibly race at my local track on weekends. I'm looking for a RTR truggy in the $500 range, that is durable enough to bash regularly andcompetitive enough to race in an entry level/ >$550 truggy class. I've looked into the CEN Matrix TR Arena, the GS XUT, Ofna Mutilator, and a couple others. Right now I'm leaning towards the GS XUT, but the CEN Matrix TR is close behind. What are some good and bad points about both the GS XUT and the CEN Matrix TR? Also if anyone knows of any different RTR truggies that might be worth looking into, I'm open to suggestions.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Best RTR Truggy

Asso RC8T.

Though the Losi 8T 2.0, with its Spektrum radio and starterbox, is hard to beat value-wise..
Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
flatsghost

+1 for the Losi, comes with a starter box also.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
jmaxey51

the Cen matrix TR is a great basher. i had one and its pretty durable and all but way off on the racing side. the only big problem with the Cen is the gas tank, it wont seal for nothing, i took a jammin X1 tank and cut new holes and it was fine after that. also look into the jammin X2 CRT rtr it is extremely durable and very competitive. i have a roller now but its up for sale, i like the truggy alot but running buggy for a while. i have been running jammin for over a year and they do not break or wear, i broke one arm on my X1 and i bought it used. losi on the other hand is a extremely good racer but for bashing not at all. they are more likely to break, not because of quality or anything but just because they are designed to race and the flex more making it wear parts quicker, but thats the main reason they handle so well. im not bashing on losi at all but just know if you get one they take more up keep. i am now running O'donnell and i cannot complain about them, i have yet to find one flaw. also look on ebay you could get a older mugen MBX5T that is made to an RTR to sell and if you find one of those i would go with that one. mugen is a great and durable truggy.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
vnmsgt

All mentioned above would be a good choice and are good truggies except for the GS XUT. Now before I get bashed for it, the reason I say that is GS I think is no longer really in the US. If I am wrong I apologize and then it would be ok. But if then it is going to get harder and harder to find parts for it. Another one to take a look at is the Caster Racing K8T. It is a very good and durable truggy. I would go with what appeals you the most and you will be happy with that. Dont just get what someone says. All will serve your purpose just fine.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately the jammin x2, associated or losi 8. I have a brand new older gs sut I will sell you, steeler black & gold. The one guy has a good point with the gs sut storm, Its a great truggy for bashing, i never raced mine, but getting parts can be a tricky venture. I think amain is a dealer for GS parts, I ordered parts from them. The 3 I mentioned are more geared towards racing. As far as good basher truggies, not really sure.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 AM
mecano

Losi 8t 2.0 all the way! comes with starter box, good shocks, and Spektrum 2.4GHZ radio. The Associated comes with junk radio and WalMart grade plastic body shocks, which they break on the first hard landing.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
mrsheldon

IM AN OFNA GUY, SO CRT X2 OR HYPER ST. HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED YOUR SAVAGE AS A RACE TRUCK? JUST START MODDING IN THE TRUGGY DIRECTION. MY GUYS LIKE TO RUN WHAT YOU  BRUNG AND HAVE FUN.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
nitrofishing

We have raced the X2 rtr on our backyard track and it is good compared to the likes of st-rr,rc8t,lsp,losi,and 2 Cen truggies, the x2 is fast and handles great out of the box. I think for the rtr price it is the best buy.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Jammin X1 and it is awesome. I'm sure the X2 would be even better. I am not a racer I just bash mine and it has held up very well. By far my favorite RC so far.