Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Team Losi Ten-T vs. Hpi MT 2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Team Losi Ten-T vs. Hpi MT 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:56 PM
khkim0102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Losi Ten-T vs. Hpi MT 2

Hi!

Certainly, Ten-T has more functions on the radio and more expensive.

Q#1. But apart from the fancy functions, Team Losi Ten-T or HPI MT 2, which one is more durable and closer to "trouble-free" for bashing?

Q#2. Which one is faster?

I am considering one of these, but I am not so sure which one is better. I don't do racing. I do bashing. My biggiest concern is "durability/reliability" like Honda cars without mechanical troubles and less breaking parts.

Your comment will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
eurofocus

Default RE: Team Losi Ten-T vs. Hpi MT 2

Personally, I think the Losi is far superior to the MT2. I do like the HPI, and have even considered buying one before, but value/quality/durability wise the Losi takes the cake. Go to your lhs and compare.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
mrsheldon

I HAD A MT2 SS AND SHE WAS A TOUGH LIL TRUCK!! I PUT THE RRP MAIN GEAR FOR SAVAGE ON IT. THE LOSI EXPENSIVE AND THE FANCY REMOTE START. ALL THAT IS NICE BUT FOR THE MONEY.I WOULD GO WITH THE HPI THERE IS A  MULTITUDE OF PARTS OUT THERE FOR IT AND IT'S 4WD 

Old 04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got a MT2 its a tough truck
after market parts support is crap though
only thing I'd say that has to be changed out of the box is the Front steering knuckles. The stock ones suck tell it to all the people who buy the MT2 a few don't believe me and 2 weeks later ask where to get the aluminum ones
BTW if you go MT2 the toyz has the alum parts for the same price(sometimes cheaper) than chinese ebay shops so no waiting 2-3 weeks for them, and thetoyz shipping is cheaper too.

Losi from what I read seems more fragile and race orientated, where as the MT2 is mostly for bashers.

as for faster on a MT2 you can always just slap a .21 big block buggy engine(or any of your liking) on it with a teeny bit of work, and make it into a rocket (hear a OS .18 will net similar results though). You won't even be able to keep it on the ground
Old 04-11-2010, 01:11 AM
khkim0102

Hi, guys!

Thank you very much for your responses!

Well, some of you recommend MT 2, and some other recommends Ten-T in terms of quality and durability.

I would like to hear more opinions about these two trucks!

It sounds like MT 2 is better for bashing, but if Ten-T's quality and durability are better than those of MT 2, Ten-T would be better also for bashing.

Anyway, please let me know more information and your experiences!

Thank you again!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:47 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10T is a much better value, and IMO a much better truck....look at the included radio !
Old 04-11-2010, 09:31 AM
INTEGRA

10T Hands down No question's asked.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM
IROC-AR15
My Feedback: (10)

The Ten T and the MT2 does 45mph! I'd say the MT2 is more closer to 50 though and I'd pick the MT2 again over the Ten T for price and use wise. I still want a Ten T though just for the radio but my 1/8 truggy was cheaper bigger and faster plus way more durable than both. I own a MT2 and a HB Lightning Pro RTR. Both are great excellent fast 4wd trucks.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:30 PM
khkim0102

OK, guys!

Thank you for your responses!

Still I am not so sure which one is better for me. It will take time to make a decision.

Thank you anyway!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Truggy24

I have had my MT2 for about 2 weeks now and i love the truck. It's crazy fast and a tough truck for sure. It handles good turns great and it great on fuel. I did change out the steering knuckles didn't need to but figured i would just for the hell of it. I just bash mine around with some friends who have truggys and they all have said they like the truck also. For the price you can't go wrong plus i got $25 off mine from a main and right now tower hobbies has a discount code for $30 off anything over $250. I looked at getting the Ten-T but didn't wanna spend that much.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 PM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

Don't have one, but I'm hearing that the biggest issue with the Ten-T is the ROSSstarting systems.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
etopsflight

@AlienModified

I just bought a Ten-T and it runs great, even the R.O.S.S. is great so far.

Would you like to specify what's wrong with it?

Cheers

Etops
Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: etopsflight

@AlienModified

I just bought a Ten-T and it runs great, even the R.O.S.S. is great so far.

Would you like to specify what's wrong with it?

Cheers

Etops
It may not be a common problem, but I've been reading about theROSSsystem failing. One guy had to replace it twice in two months. It seems to me, that if it's going to go, it'll be within the first couple weeks. Some people seems to get lucky, and get a good one. But then the unlucky, are seeing anywhere from one day/tank to three weeks. And from my pov, it's one more thing to go wrong. I would just as soon go with a pull start or roto start before an ez-start or ROSSsystem. There's a thread on the Losi Ten-T sub-forum right now, and there are numerous posts about the ROSS system not being worth crap. And while I'm sure Horizon Hobby has great service, to warranty a part for a truck you just bought, and can't run, can take at least a week or two when you add in shipping and warranty inspection.

I honestly think that Losi marketed the Ten-Twith the ROSSsystem for the beginner nitro user. By no means am I saying that any person who has bought one is a beginner, but I believe that is what it's intention was.

Here's the post if you want to read it:http://forum.losi.com/showthread.php?t=2910

Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
etopsflight

@AlienModified

I hear what you are saying but there are always some kits that will be faulty. It's like buying a brand new car - you get Monday and Friday built cars, i.e. problematic/cursed from the first day!

I dun say I am an expert but I find the R.O.S.S. to very advantageous to me as a basher. I run several vehicles and I can't claim to be an authority on any one of them since my run time on each is not that high.

It's my experience that if you take your time during the intial period of running that you will find very few problems with your car. Perhaps I have been plain lucky. However, I have broken in 3 vehicles recently including my Ten-T despite the manual saying it was already broken in. I found the pinch very tight and preheated prior to every run. Found no problems with the starting, tuning and running of the Ten-T and the performance of the R.O.S.S.. Even the receiver battery performance has been adequate so far but I have not extensively so that remains to be seen.

I have about 2 litres through her. She performs very well and the factory setup is very good. Engine is strong, shocks and diff well weighted and stock tyres are excellent in terms of grip and durability. I am bashing on laid house brick surface which is too bumpy for my Inferno GT but this truggy eats this place up with ease. I'll take her more offraod when I get the chance and post some vids soon.

All I can say, I dun regret buying this truggy despite some negative posts regarding some design aspects. There's been some talk about the Ten-T starting it's own class of racing and I think racing/bashing it stock out of the box with others would make for very good competition and fun. I have a friend who has also just bought one so I'm gonna help him ease it in and then we can run this truggy together.

I would recommend the Ten-T to any people thinking about getting it - the whole package is very attractive, the Spektrum DX3s with telemetry is well-worth having.

Cheers

Etops
Old 06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Zao18

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as a newbie first-time buyer. I bought my Losi Ten-T about 2-3 weeks ago, and can't stop playing with it. Ridiculous fun, easy to control, and redunkulous fast. According to the speed sensor, I hit 91km/hr (56 mi/hr) a couple days ago, take it for what it's worth. Of course, that took a nice straightaway. But nothing stops this thing. Runs great on asphalt, loose dirt, gravel pretty much anything except tall grass, which is to be expected.

A couple things to consider though. Most parts for it seem to be special order. My friend managed to smack the corner of a curb, which knocked the clutch pinion gear out of alignmentwith the spur gear, and the nice metal pinion gear chewed up the plastic spur gear a bit. . Just got the new ones yesterday (I ordered 2), I think it took about a week to come in. Also, I had the electric starter motor of the ROSS system seize on me as well. I don't know if it was an outright failure, or I just hadn't cleaned it often enough with contact cleaner. I have 2 of those on order right now as well, hah. The wire running to the glowplug is also a ***** to put back on too. Gotta be pretty careful with the needlenose pliers, it's easy to damage the rubber wrapping at the connector. On jumps, it can also be a little nose-heavy, though from a review I watched, that can be corrected with some suspension adjustment.

Overall though, I am pretty pleased with it as my first nitro truggy. Drives great, the factory tuning was a perfect starting point, and once you get used to the ROSS system, it starts up great (learned the hard way that I should turn over the engine and heat the glow plug a little before adding fuel, to get rid of the after-run oil sitting in the engine). The suspension also looks pretty frickin beefy. And to top it all off, the remote is fantastic, 2.4Ghz so no worries of interference, and the voltage/speed/temp readings are handy. One thing to note with the speed readings though. There's a sensor underneat the rear drive shaft and it requires having a clean reflective sticker on that driveshaft. Gotta make sure that the sensor isn't too close and rubbing against the driveshaft, and that the reflective sticker is kept clean. Thankfully, Losi includes a sheet with several replacement stickers. I applied some clear tape over the sticker after, to help protect it and keep it from falling off.

Oh one more thing to add. The remote only takes 4 AA's instead of 8, and pretty much sips battery power, which is nice.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:37 PM
bjeffers77

dont know if you guys are still watching this thread, but i bought a losi ten t, and it is crap. I have ran about a half gallon through it, and have had to replace the starter twice. Now the trottle linkage is catching on the brake shaft for the rear brake. ITs causing it to stick open. I am gonna get rid of this junk as soon as i can. Plus the diffs are packed with grease, and its a paint to get it swapped over to diff fluid. when it worked right, it is a fast lil truck, and does handle great. just to fragile.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
bjeffers77

funny how i post yesterday about already going through 2 starters, and i go out today and ther gears in number 3 shredded today. I just got done ordering another gear set. This thing is becoming a pain, and very costly to keep running. I cant go one day of running it without something going wrong. I got through 4 tanks today, and once again it didnt let me down, It broke the ROSS.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
supertib

Starter box is the best and IMO only way we should be starting these engines...the ROSS and EZstart is nothing more then trinkets to entice the newbies into the hobby..... If it were me, I would have that junk stripped off before I even ran the truck...As well I would imediately put on a sealed backplate...Engines run much much better with a sealed backplate...all that OWB stuff does is create a massive airleak out the back of the engine
Old 01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
bjeffers77

i bought it just to bash, but its to costly to bash now haha. I never thought of the air leaking out the starter assymbly. I have been having overheating problems, and that might be whats doing it. I think i will buy the back plate and use my starter box for it. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: bjeffers77

i bought it just to bash, but its to costly to bash now haha. I never thought of the air leaking out the starter assymbly. I have been having overheating problems, and that might be whats doing it. I think i will buy the back plate and use my starter box for it. Thanks for bringing that up.

thts why many of the sport engines can be tricky to tune...ever notice fuel in the backplate ? i always remember my pullstarter ropes being coated in fuel...well if fuel can get out, air can get in....
Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
bjeffers77

yeah, i cant believe i missed that. Thanks. I just ordered a sealed backplate.