Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

X1/X2 question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:20 AM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X1/X2 question..

Hi, I found a deal on a Teckno X2 brushless conversion. It is the full chassis and cvds. I have a X1 I am converting. Can anyone tell me if The X1 diff housings will fasten onto the X2 chassis? And anything else I might need (as far as X2 parts go) Thank you. Jay
Old 04-11-2010, 11:33 AM
jmaxey51

Default RE: X1/X2 question..

everything will bolt up to the X2 chassis. you will need center CVDs, with nitro you will need more but with the conversion you should be set, but i would get the new spur gear, and ring and pinion, it makes a huge difference.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
jmaxey51

also most parts are the same between the two , the gearing and chassis is the biggest difference the rest is interchangeable minus radio tray, and a few other things

Old 04-11-2010, 11:48 AM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Hey, Thank you kindly for the info. I can order my chassis now! Thanks again and take care, Jay
Old 04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
jmaxey51

no problem, and if you have the extra money go on ebay and by the complete diffs and pinions. makes it a complete new truggy. also when you get the center diff get the new updated center diff mount, it makes it alot easier to work on. i got complete diffs for less than 20 bucks, they were from a brand new broken down kit.

with the X2 electric kit i am pretty sure you will have to get the new center spur gear to make it work with what comes with the kit. the X1 spur has ALOT more teeth than the new one. and BTW on the X2 the buggy and truggy uses the same gearing so they have the same diffs and everything.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:43 PM
worstluck

i recently completed what you are planning to do. here is all you need to get the tekno kit to bolt up.
you will need
ofn40518 48 t spur gear
ofn41036 center diff mount

if you plan on using mechanical brakes you will need
ofn41046 center diff plate
ofn40613 brake cam long
ofn40614 brake cam long

those are all the parts i used in my build. also if you do not use the clutch, the only pinions you can use are tekno's long shank pinions. i suggest using the 12 tooth with a motor somewhere around 2000kv. i can post pics of mine if you would like.