Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

breaking in question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
kdogg0331
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breaking in question

I have a ofna jammin crt .5 with a traxxas 2.5r engine in it I bought it new assembled today I fired the engin up and when I pulled the throttle there was no movement reverse or forward, the guy i bought it from told me the clutch wont engage until i run a few tanks thruogh it idling that doesnt sound right to me can anyone help!!!!!! thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
mrsheldon

Default RE: breaking in question

THAT DOES NOT SOUND RIGHT. CHECK THE CLUTCH/SPRINGS.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 AM
calvino

Hmm... check that the brakes aren't engaged and the car rolls freely. I drove my cars (gently) when I first got them and yes new clutch springs are a tad stiff but they still do their job It doesn't sound like a broken spring to me. One other note, if the engine is barely able to run since its so drowned in fuel you won't be able to really "move" the tires Other than that check for binding in the car, and in the worst case, bring it back to the guy [&:]
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
kdogg0331
My Feedback: (5)

will give it another shot today everything rolls smooth without the engine on that is why i am confused also if the engine was flooded would it still start because it was idling nicely and still nothing but i will give it another shot any other ideas thanks, i want to fix but dont know where to start everything seems fine, also he said to let a few tanks idle for break in and clutch will engage does that make sense
Old 04-13-2010, 05:32 PM
cocacolakid

I remember one time on a build up was checking to see if clutch and spur would line up so I just dry fit the bell with no guts just bearings. Apon completion of the build a month later the truck wouldn't move on first run.LOL the problem was quickly brought to mind and resoved. Doh
Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
cocacolakid

If you can take the clutch apart then make sure all the pins are straight and not bent at all,then put shoes on no springs make sure they dont rub on the base of the flywheel (you may need to add a spacer under each shoe so they move freely), now assemble with springs and install clutch bell making sure it spins freely without touching the shoes(added spacers under shoes may cause some binding, if this is so you will need to put a shim or 2 on the inside of the clutch above the bearing). Finally install engine in truck check that clutch gear is aligned with spur.
Good luck