Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

D8T Feedback?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
mattyb13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D8T Feedback?

Hi all,
Dangerously close to getting a D8T. I am looking for general feedback from users of this truck. I will be using it for club/amateur racing. Semi serious about the racing scene and I want a new kit that is light/strong/ugradeable/handles well out of the box and isnt going to be obsoleted instantly. I had been looking at a new RC8T Champ edition and I keep seeing all this positive feedback about the D8T. The price diff is significant enough to take a look at the D8T and use the loot I will save over the RC8T to upgrade the D8T. What upgrades would be necessary out of the box? Im interested in making it as light as possible. Are carbon Fiber shocktowers/radio trays etc. available? From where? I am also interested in how you guys like the shorter shocks on the D8T? Is there a pro or upgraded version available? Any feedback is 100% appreciated.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
K_B

Default RE: D8T Feedback?

I've never driven a D8T; only raced with guys that ran 'em. These things are designed to race. You don't really need upgrades unless there is an obvious weak point. Your money is better spent on things like extra shock springs, clutch springs, clutch shoes, shock oil and tires for tuning purposes. Things like CF shock towers, alloy spindles or other parts made from "unobtanium" aren't gonna make a difference between placing first or placing second. One upgrade that is nice to have is a quick change motor mount. It makes clutch adjustments 100 times easier.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Chris79

HI, this is my first post here, but I have been running a d8t for a month now and just getting past my first gallon of fuel. Just thought I'd let you know how its working for me. Overall it seems pretty tough, very easy to put together (great instructions). Although I did have a few gripes.

radio tray needs slightly modified to rout the servo wires without pinching them, I ended up running my steering servo wires outside the box and back into the receiver box.

go ahead and get the Hotbodies aluminum servo horn, I've heard the plastic one strippes out easy.

I've heard the rear hub carriers break and people have been replacing them with aluminum.

The wheels rub the steering rod ends so you have to dial out the steering, or buy Kyosho rod ends and ballswith a bend in the end of the rod so you can get your steering back.

Other than that its been a tank, i'm no expert driver by a long shot, but it handles great.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM
jmaxey51

i just got one myself. it will be here sat, hopefully. but i was pretty against hotbodies at first but after alot of research and talking to people at the track, it looks to be worth every penny, you cannot beat the price on these. a guy i race with gets the best of everything and he has switch from XRAY to HB. i never saw that coming, he said they handle better than Xray and they are great buggys and truggys. i have also heard that the only upgrades needed are the aluminum servo horn (ITS A MUST!) and the aluminum rear hub carriers but besides that it is solid. parts are cheap and everything.