Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Which Nitro Truggy to buy for racing?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which Nitro Truggy to buy for racing?

Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
traxxasadix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Nitro Truggy to buy for racing?

Ok, I have been an E Maxx guy and it has been a real pleasure to play with. Now I would like to buy a Nitro Stadium Truck orTruggy to use for competition. I would like RTR that is easy to modify. Please let me know what your opinion is the best Stadium Truck or Truggy and why?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Which Nitro Truggy to buy for racing?

jammin X2 RTR because its a great truggy, very durable and a good bit of upgrade. i have the pro kit one and i love it, but im sad to say tomorrow will be my last race with, going to HB.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:27 PM
traxxasadix

Whats HB?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 PM
jmaxey51

Hotbodies, i just purchased a D8T.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
nitroexpress

One suggestion. Get an aluminum servo horn ASAP.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

let us know how that works out for you in both speed around the track and durability
Old 04-17-2010, 07:34 AM
traxxasadix

Just that one suggestion?

WHere is everyone out racing?

But that is a really nice Truggy.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 AM
nitroexpress

Suggestion #2

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ruggy-169.html
Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

One suggestion. Get an aluminum servo horn ASAP.
ordered it with the truggy lol

Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

let us know how that works out for you in both speed around the track and durability
will do, on the 24th ill be racing it and it will put it threw the test one everything. the tracks is smooth in the morning but gets extremely beat up and washed out in the mains. last year the straight away got a jump in it by the end of the day lol. it gets here monday or tuesday.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 PM
xxxkat

I would get the Mugen MBX6 T, it's a bit more than the HB, but I've owned several HB products and parts suport is sketchy at best and the stock plastic is a bit on the soft side so it wears a bit on the quick side (and yes I did own one..and the buggy also). The Mugen is way way tougher, I thought the Mugen was faster than my HB also..I don't really know much about the parts suport for the Mugen..I've owned a few of them also (MBX5T pro spec. MBX5 pro spec) and never broke anything..fast tough and their plastic holds up, no slop..and it doesn't need any hop ups..
Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 AM
lomdel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR! Best bang for your buck. Just upgrade shock-caps and servos and you're good to go!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 AM
mattozx6rr

Mugen Seiki mbx5t or mbx6t. I am extremely hard on my 5T and it has never left me hanging at the races. Yeah its a couple bucks more but there is big bang for the buck involved here. second choice would be Kyosho ST-RR. good reliable truck as well. parts are generally available for both but again they are a little pricey, nice part is you wont need that many. Losi, AE and below are decent truggys as well they just are not the quality IMO of the Mugen or Kyosho. Neither the Mugen or Kyosho come as RTR and I would suggest an used one as they can be had for pretty cheap. As with all rc race vehicles the maintenance you do will decide how much fun/frustration you have.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
xxxkat

The Mugen does come as a Race roller..well built and it has the same parts that the kit does, it's only a few dollars more than what the kit costs. The MBX6T is waaaay more competitive than the 5T. The 6T has a lot more steering and it is better in the rough, they made a HUGE improvement with the 6T..The Kyosho is more fragile than most truggies and Kyosho is really really proud of their parts..if you know what I mean..then you add to the fact that the Kyosho is a few steps behind on the track and you you end up with an expensive truggy to race..but I do have one for sale..in great condition.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: xxxkat

I would get the Mugen MBX6 T, it's a bit more than the HB, but I've owned several HB products and parts suport is sketchy at best and the stock plastic is a bit on the soft side so it wears a bit on the quick side (and yes I did own one..and the buggy also). The Mugen is way way tougher, I thought the Mugen was faster than my HB also..I don't really know much about the parts suport for the Mugen..I've owned a few of them also (MBX5T pro spec. MBX5 pro spec) and never broke anything..fast tough and their plastic holds up, no slop..and it doesn't need any hop ups..
i agree with almost everything. but the plastic being soft? i know the earlier kits did have soft plastic and weak driveshaft and the list went on and on. but they have seemed to fix these issues for the most part. i know one thing the plastic is no-longer soft, its really hard, maybe to hard. i started putting my kit together last night and it was a pain to screw into the plastic. they have done something different i know that. i used to never even think about HB until some people i race with started switching from Xray to HB. plus the price cannot be beat. now i do agree, mugen is hard to beat right now IMO. i wanted one so bad but i just couldnt afford it because i am a full time student. the mugen is extremely durable. and i have driven a few mugens here and there and with their M-spec, its is perfect out of the box. but if you worry about soft plastic and wearing parts, dont even look at losi. losi's are great but parts wearing and breaking are just to much for me. i like how losi buggy handles but the truggy pushes bad.

i think the best out there is mugen, HB, Losi, AE, Xray, tamiya and jammin in that order. i have owned jammin products since i started and have done extremely well with them but they just are behind a little, especially their buggy.

ill be seeing how durable and good the HB is this weekend. ill let everyone know how it was the first time out.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
jmaxey51

all i have to say is the HB D8T is simply the best truggy i have ever driven!!! it handles better than anything i have driven, and that includes mugen mbx6t. the mugen and HB are very close in performance but personally i like the HB better. it is so predictable and easy to drive. as the day went on i was just getting faster and faster. i had a terrible start, flamed out at the start but came from way behind to finish third. also i friend of mine switched from xray to HB this weekend and he said he prefers the HB over his xray stuff, he also won the A-main. so two first time HB drivers finishing 1st and 3rd, not bad IMO. great truggy or buggy, worth every penny IMO. plan on getting the buggy soon, i still cant believe a $300 truggy can be that great!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
hakmazter

Me either.