Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Jammin X2 RTR Newbie

Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 AM
rkraider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin X2 RTR Newbie

I just ordered my first truggy...I got a Jammin x2 rtr. I was wondering if there are anyrecommendationson hop ups? or settings? If you own one, what do you like or even dislike? thanks...
Old 05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Jammin X2 RTR Newbie

i have the exact same one,,,the only thing i did is put oil in the diffs and changed the servos,,for a RTR the stock servos do pretty good, i just wanted some metal gears,,for a stock motor this thing runs pretty good,,a whole lot of torque,,i still have the stock pipe but im sure a better one would be an improvement,,there is not one thing i don't like about this truggy,,,its the toughest rc vehicle i have ever owned,,the engine was very very easy to tune,,,i think your going to love it
Old 05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
jmaxey51

def change diff oils and shock oils before you even run it. run 7k front, 10k center and 3k rear, also 45 in the shocks front and rear. i have the pro kit but i dont run it anymore, but the RTR and kit are very similar. i would also get a extra body, not another RTR body though, the RTR bodies break pretty easy.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 PM
rkraider

Diff oil? What is the stock weight on the oils? and is it pretty easy to get to the diffs? Sorry, like I said its my first truggy, i sold my e-revo to buy it. Hope i made the right decision..
Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 PM
ELMOBSTER

there is a little coating of thick grease on the stock gears,,there isn't any oil in the diffs when you get it,,it takes a little patience when cleaning and adding oil to the diffs,,just keep your manual handy when you do it
Old 05-06-2010, 02:22 AM
rkraider

Just got my RTR..A few questions. it came with a Ofna .12 glow plug. These seems wrong per the engine is a force .28. Will this plug work?...Also the radio is cheap as hell. I will be upgrading soon. Oh and no antenna tube...A little odd..
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
ELMOBSTER

the same plug came with mine,,it worked fine, i just used it for breakin only then i changed it..
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: rkraider

Just got my RTR..A few questions. it came with a Ofna .12 glow plug. These seems wrong per the engine is a force .28. Will this plug work?...Also the radio is cheap as hell. I will be upgrading soon. Oh and no antenna tube...A little odd..
the plug for my Jammin JPX 21 which is a turbo plug engine also says its for a .12 engine so your fine. i dont know why but ofna make 2 or 3 plugs and they all say they are for a .12.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 AM
rkraider

Well, I finished breaking in the engine. So I took it to the track for fine tuning, and got a little video before the pipe popped off. Good reason to check your screws are tight on a rtr...heres the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17qCBCdht8