Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

been away from rc for awhile.. what should i do???

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

been away from rc for awhile.. what should i do???

Old 05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Townsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been away from rc for awhile.. what should i do???

hey guys, ive been away from racing rc for a while. I have a jammin x1 crt truggy and a x1 cr fte buggy. they have been sitting in my basement for a couple years collecting dust. ive been busy with college and work and stuff, but i messed around with them again today. anyway.. i want to keep only 1 to use and race with, and i prefer a truggy for my racing style. plus its more fun. but the x1 seems to be out of date, even when i was racing it. Should i sell them both and get a x2 (new/used)? or should i just sell the buggy and upgrade the x1crt? the buggy has a brand new .21 jammin jpx engine that has never been raced, only broke in. i would like to get a .28 jammin engine for the truggy. but i dont know what i should do. i wont be racing every weekend, but id like to be able to keep up with the others, and i know the my x1crt slug of a truck cant right now. i cant afford to race both, but i like racing the truck so i think ill sell the buggy...what should i do about the truggy?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:11 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: been away from rc for awhile.. what should i do???

Get the X2 CRT for sure. The Jammin JPX 21 is also perfect for truggy - some even might say too much... So you're sorted there. I say find a way to get the newer truggy.. Anything else will be extra effort and risk. With a new, more modern version of the trug, there are no doubts..
Old 05-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Nesal

Yeah Im with HerrSavage... keep the .21 engine ive been told its an awesome engine and its definitely more than enough to move that truggy, it seems more and more people are switching from .28s to .21s in truggies... I guess newer engines are putting out more and more hp!
Get the newer truggy if you can!! Ive only ever seen an X2 Buggy and it was awesome!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Townsley

that is what i was deciding also, to get the x2. You think the jpx .21 is enough for it? ive never raced this engine yet just broke it in, but i still have to turn the flywheel over with a screwdriver because there is so much compression sometimes. would i even get much for the buggy (roller) and truggy? has anyone tried the jpx.28?
Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not compression, but pinch is what makes the flywheel hard to turn over.

I've seen some very good (sponsored) truggy racers show up at the track with some engines identical to the Jammin( all Picco-based), and run like crazy with just way too much power. I mean, funny to watch, with tires ballooning, practically wheelies, etc... Then they figure out how to tame them down and make them driveable.. I.e., some people would say the Jammin is too much for a truggy. For a 21 it's brutal, so you won't be missing power.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:52 PM
jmaxey51

i ran a jammin 21 in my x2 and D8T and its almost to much power. you will never struggle on power with them. mine has about 8 gallons on it so its my back up engine but even with 8 gallons on it, the thing SCREAMS!!! well worth the money and extremely easy to tune and get decent run time, i was getting 9+ min a tanks with a JP3 pipe, also run the ofna plugs, they are 13 bucks a plug but they last twice as long as the 8 buck plugs and it makes the engine tune and idle better.