Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hyper ST Pro Rear Dogbones Too Short

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hyper ST Pro Rear Dogbones Too Short

Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 AM
groovechampion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper ST Pro Rear Dogbones Too Short

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with the Hyper ST Pro. The rear dogbones or universal drive shafts (part # 86217) are too short on my truggy. The right side rear dogbone is just falling out of the diff cup at idle on the bench. The left side rear dogbone stays in the diff cup but it is riding on the outer edge. I called OFNA technical support and they said the dogbone should measure 127mm from pin to pin on the dogbone. Keep in mind you need to measure from the outside of the pins on the dogbones. My dogbones measure 126mm. It seems to me that even at 127mm they would still be 1mm too short. How do the rear dogbones sit for everyone else with a Hyper ST Pro?

OFNA will not honor warranties for items purchased off of Ebay so I cannot get new dogbones under warranty from OFNA. What I would like to do is have some custom made so I know they will be the correct length since I now have trust issues with OFNA. If anyone knows who can make custom dogbones can you please let me know?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
groovechampion

Default RE: Hyper ST Pro Rear Dogbones Too Short

And yes the axles are installed correctly before anybody goes there. The front axles are actually longer at 129mm and thinner in width. The rear axles are shorter and thicker and supposed to be 127mm in length.
Some people will suggest switching the front axles to the back. Won't work. The front cvd's will work in the back. But because the front axles are thinner I worry about them bending. But the rear axles are wayyy to short for the front. You get a negative camber (top of tire leans in) that you can't adjust out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53035.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1458467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17394.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1458468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37814.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1458469  
Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 PM
groovechampion

Default RE: Hyper ST Pro Rear Dogbones Too Short

The A-arms are also installed correctly in case anyone was going there.

I did find a part number difference. Ofna shows the rear universal driveshafts as OFN27217. Which explains why I could not find the rear universals. I was searching for the Hobao part number listed from the manual as 86217. That was annoying.

Has anyone found an aftermarket solution for Hyper ST universal driveshafts?