Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Electrical

Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 PM
MIFIZIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical

Took my Truggy for a burn and the throttle and steering went bananas, twiching and moving on there own. I had no controll at all, is this a servo problem? After 30 secs or so everything went back to normall. At one stage the throttle was stuck at full, and steering on full lock, can anyone help?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
K_B

Default RE: Electrical

What kind of radio is it? AM? FM? 2.4Ghz? Need more info. If it's an AM radio, you may have just been picking up interference from something around you...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:56 PM
MIFIZIM

I have a 12 mini hyper st, and the control is a wheel and trigger, iv looked at it and the damm manual, all I can find is on the controller is "Digital Proportional control 2 channell radio" Im a extreme novice and have a LOT to learn..lol thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like AM interference
To make sure if you have AM do you have to pull a long antenna out of the controller(roughly a foot)?
If yes you have AM

If you want to get rid of that swap to 2.4ghz
lowest cost 2.4ghz radios around
http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-g2-24ghz-radio.html
or
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=10608

There actually the same exact thing from the same manufacturer(Flysky is the maker) just the 1st one is in the US and the 2nd is from HK and is usually out of stock(but they have some as I type this)
Old 06-30-2010, 05:59 PM
MIFIZIM

Cheers, yes it has an antenna that you pull out, bit longer that a foot. Im gunna check out the 2.4ghz, lol now whats the diff, is it basicly like going from analouge to digital? better reception im guessing? thanks SyCo_VeNoM
Old 06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WELL
from my experience I went from 150-200feet range with an AM to OMG the vehicle disappeared off the horizon range(I'll estimate 600 feet seeing its a whole city block which is about 1/8th of a mile in my city) with a 2.4ghz

At around 200 feet it stated studdering with AM, like you descried. 2.4ghz I was in full control even after I lost sight
you also don't have to fiddle with crystals on a 2.4ghz like AM radios do (thos suckers can get costly for a full set)

I actually should be getting the one I linked from hobbypartz tomorrow(if UPS don't tag and run...)
Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
MIFIZIM

wow, I get around 120ft, thats about it then it loses signal! Lol im gettn one of those suckers! SyCo, im taking the motor off 2day for the first timeto get to the pullstart we spoke of the other day.......have to learn sooner or later
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 AM
MIFIZIM

Just letting you know SyCo took the motor of and the pull start, sprayed and cleaned that slipping pull start, put it back, no good, iv sprayed it again and wiped exess and im gunna let it sit over night to dry. Thought id show you some pics to let you know that ur advice and any one elses is used and apprecieated!!!!! Sorry havn probs uploading my pics