Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Race Truggy or Buggy which is better for dirt?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Race Truggy or Buggy which is better for dirt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Truggy or Buggy which is better for dirt?

If any of you race Truggies as well as Buggies which do you prefer(on dirt)? The truggy has a larger track and wider tire than the buggy so which would handle betteron track (dirt)?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Race Truggy or Buggy which is better for dirt?

i race both and i would say truggy is better. but buggy will teach you how to drive. racing buggy some helps you go faster with truggy because the truggy is alot more stable.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: formula87

If any of you race Truggies as well as Buggies which do you prefer(on dirt)? The truggy has a larger track and wider tire than the buggy so which would handle betteron track (dirt)?
Depends on the track. The more blown out a track is, the better the Truggy will be. On a smooth track, the Buggy will be faster. Truggy is more forgiving and the Buggyreacts to steering quicker. Although you can run a .28 engine in a Truggy, most do not. With equal engines,the Buggy will be fasterbecause it is lighter. The Buggy is hindered because of the narrow tires allowed, so it's more apt to traction roll.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 PM
thebombster

would have to say the truggy because the truggy has more controll but i race buggy be cause its faster and takes alot more skill then driving somethin 18 inches wide