Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

How much torque would be overkill?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

How much torque would be overkill?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
cirec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much torque would be overkill?

Right now I have 172.2 ounces of torque for steering. It works fine but some more torque would help. I think maybe around 225 ounces would be ideal. I've heard some people use around 300 ounces. Is that too much?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:09 AM
stussman

Default RE: How much torque would be overkill?

The hitec 7955 at 300 oz is ideal.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Oasis TR

333oz is good..but go with a good servo..like a JR ..Futaba..if you dont care about centering or quailty control go with hitec..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:25 PM
cirec

Right now I use the Hitec HS-985MG for steering. Which Hitec servo did you use?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:32 AM
expertbasser

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

333oz is good..but go with a good servo..like a JR ..Futaba..if you dont care about centering or quailty control go with hitec..
Ok, yea right.

The 2 Hitec 7.4HV servo I use return to DEADCENTER every time!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

The HS 7950TG is over 400oz at 7.4V, now that is overkill.
I used Hitec MG & TG servos and digital because the steering resolution and strength of the gears is much better. Now the 7955TG on the crawlers is the bomb setup, but I seem to like the 7985MG on my truggys without any problems. Torque and speed are always enough and I usually don't ever need to replace anything and the vehicles I sell all have the servos left in them with he new owner running them and commenting on how good the servo is. My servos in my planes are all Hitec also and I think in the last 5 years I have only had 2 bad ones out of a couple hundred, (I build and fly a lot) and the only bad ones that I caused was a couple standard non digital servos that I smoked because I put 7.4V in to them and they are only good for 6 max.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

You must be stupid. There is a reason a lot of racers use the hitec 7955tg. It is the best bang for the buck servo on the market right now.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM
K_B

ORIGINAL: xxxnt236

You must be stupid. There is a reason a lot of racers use the hitec 7955tg. It is the best bang for the buck servo on the market right now.
And you must be an *****. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not make them stupid. Your statement, ironically, does make you look like an idiot...
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
jmaxey51

the only servos i will ever buy is hitec 7955 or 7954. they last for years and always center. JR is have centering problems, i know quite a few people get JR for the speed and switch back to their old hitecs because the JR lost center in 6 months. but maybe they didnt set endpoints exactly right. i had a cheap JR and it lasted a month but a 30 dollar hitec lasted me 6 months.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
xxxnt236
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: K_B

ORIGINAL: xxxnt236

And you must be an *****. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours does not make them stupid. Your statement, ironically, does make you look like an idiot...
Ok but that is a false statement! and if you ever do have center problems hitec will fix it free. Futaba and jr are not as reliable as a hitec. Get on www.rctech.net and see how many say futaba or hitec have a better steering servo for 120 or less? Maybe 1/15 will say hitec is worse.