Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

"the official" Why

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "the official" Why

Why is everything becoming a official thread, there can only be a hundred "official this or that" threads. I always thought for it to be official it was supposed to be in the manufacturers of the products support section and not in the general section. [>:]
Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE:

Makes people feel important I suppose.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RE:

that and it people feel it helps keep the 1000 how do I make my "insert vehicle name" run better questions, along with discusion that people might find useful (like mods) in one spot instead of having them litter the forums (ok sometimes that don't work but it curbs it a bit)

Now as to why people use "Official" I guess it makes them feel special
Old 07-16-2010, 01:03 AM
hakmazter

Default RE: RE:

A lot of times when a new vehicle comes out, a person will start a thread in the hopes that it will be the official place to go for that particular model for simplicity. Sometimes it is started by someone involved with the company and the intent is for discussion, not necessarily sales. But at the same time, it is bad when a thread is 200 pages long and you are looking for something specific such as "madmax recommends 37.5 weight shock oil in the front shocks with the 1.2 piistons" that you partially remembered and want to verify.

It is just as bad if not worse though to see 500 thread topics about the slash or whatever and then if you need to go back later, take hours to find the thread you were seeing earlier, let alone the particluar post.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
vnmsgt

Default RE:

People in my opinion seem to keep the questions and comments all in one thread that way instead of new threads popping up for the same car. If you notice alot of the official one have the most posts over others. Just my opinion.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE:

Yes good points, but also if you go back through or just type official in the search you will see multiple "official" threads for the same vehicle. I just think it is stupid, the boards are for Q&A not to make someone feel like they are cool.