Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Is it all about the name or what ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Is it all about the name or what ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it all about the name or what ?

Hi guys, Is it me or is it that most truggies look at like & built almost the same ?
Every body wants this Every body wants that ? DAMN ! theres nothing wrong with the duratrax raze .st !!
I have 1 !!!!!!!! I have upgrades too. I think some truggies are to over rated ! My duratrax St is nice and I
knew that mines could keep up OR even beat some of these truggies ou here ? I think it's more about the motor and the size that
it kicks out.....? What do yall think. Who has a duratrax truggy on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not
hate'n My tuggy has a .26 dynamite motor in it ! what does yours have?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Is it all about the name or what ?

Just you.[8D]
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

the high end truggy's have a ton of adjustability built into the suspension components ... plus top notch geometry built in ... 99% of all the top racers run a 21 in their truggy's because its all about the maximun power and economy the motor makes because when you're racing a 45 minute heat with with like 4 to 5 pit stops for fuel,you figure out that the big 26 and 28 sport motors are too thirsty and too much power results in large amounts of wheelspin which costs you seconds on your lap times ... i only run a poor lil E-Truggy but i turn laps on the average 2 to 3 seconds faster than the nitro truggy's. when ya talk a fast truggy remeber they where designed to be raced and the hardest thing for most racers to learn is to slow down some and learn to drive tight,hard lines with no mistakes ...
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 PM
PeeBeMe

Nice, thanks for breaking it down for me my friend ! I didn't know. Some guys that I see racing I guess are more like
groupies ! LMAO....I say that because they buy these high price trucks only because every body else has them.
It seem to me that I be tearing there ass up with my trucks. Not all the guys but the 1s that
know nothing about the sport nor the hobby.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 PM
PeeBeMe

So what about those guys with twin motors ? what are those for ? Racing or bashing or showing off ??
Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 PM
MCSRacing

yep we got a bunch newbies at our track, they buy topend gear and cannot drive to save their lives.. i run a nitro version of my e-truggy also... but only at large races that run the long mains .. i run a OS v-spec 21 in it and it holds its own if i watch my trigger finger and don't let it blow the tires off!! .. i believe that its more about your setup and driving skills more than anything else .. wheel time is the key, be patient and hone your skills to a razor's edge

some guys just like to mod their truggys out and thats really cool too. i gotta buddy that has a savage with 2 of those OS vg30's in it LOL its a crazy wheelie machine
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM
PeeBeMe

CooL !
Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: PeeBeMe

Hi guys, Is it me or is it that most truggies look at like & built almost the same ?
Every body wants this Every body wants that ? DAMN ! theres nothing wrong with the duratrax raze .st !!
I have 1 !!!!!!!! I have upgrades too. I think some truggies are to over rated ! My duratrax St is nice and I
knew that mines could keep up OR even beat some of these truggies ou here ? I think it's more about the motor and the size that
it kicks out.....? What do yall think. Who has a duratrax truggy on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not
hate'n My tuggy has a .26 dynamite motor in it ! what does yours have?
I see the small shocks and the thin shock towers, add in the starting system andyou got a toy not a racer.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 PM
jmaxey51

i started off on a Raze ST and now ive moved up. the raze is a good starter and is extremely durable. i did ok with it, IMO it will help when you get something better. the Raze isnt nearly as forgiving as any of the newer truggies and has a limit to how fast it can go. its a freakin brick too. i went to a jammin x1 after the raze and in one tank my lap times went down about 8 seconds. and they kept getting better, and i wasnt crashing as much. im now running HotBodies D8T and now that i look back the Raze didnt have crap on even the CHEAPEST "racer". so must tuning options and so much more stable and more consistent. if you buy a D8T or any of the newer racers i bet you will be amazed and blown away by it performance.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 AM
MCSRacing

my son has a d8t and on it ya have to buy new pivot points to make geometry changes .... get expensive compared to associated's inserts
Old 08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
thebombster

i have a mugen mbx6t truggy with a clockwork racing ninja jx21. motor. and a specktrum dx2r radio with futaba servos and it would tear ur duratrax raze ass up. i would probaly lap u 6 times. did you keep the stock body with the cute little flames on it ohhhhh hahahahahahaaha.

***Edited for language and offensive behavior***
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
PeeBeMe

THIS GUY [:@], Oh I gotta ninja jx21 ! so what, can u steer real good on a track ? Better yet are u any good ? Sounds good my hater friend....,. I got alot of other cars to you know...
what you got isn't about any thing to me, I got new as well as old R/C's buddy ! why get rid of them if I can make a Project out of them SMART GUY !!! Mr. Ninja 21 talk's a good game.
Example: I bet u like miami heats now to. all because of King James right ? Follower, your about the name to BUDDY !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85528.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1486903  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM
thebombster

i know u think ur all good but ur not. im not trying to be all big and bad. im just sayin ur wrong when u say a raze can keep up with a mbx6t hahahaaha
Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM
MCSRacing

ORIGINAL: thebombster

i know u think ur all good but ur not. im not trying to be all big and bad. im just sayin ur wrong when u say a raze can keep up with a mbx6t hahahaaha
man its all about driving skills not the truggy ya run ... with proper setup they can all be FAST and WIN.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM
thebombster

that is not true at all. because if it was adam drake and ryan maifield would be driving duratrax raze and hpi hell fire al the time.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
nitroexpress

that is not true at all. because if it was adam drake and ryan maifield would be driving duratrax raze and hpi hell fire al the time.
You really need to get real. HPI never had a factory team and neither did Duratrax. These drivers get paid. How are they going to put food in their mouth driving on their own? Anybody that's been in this hobby for a serious timeknows that the driver is the major piece of the puzzle. The fact that you don't believe so just shows your immaturity. Of course your posts don't help you any either.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
thebombster

point isssss my mbx6t will beat any truggy or buggy jk
Old 08-24-2010, 12:01 PM
MCSRacing

i've been racing for over 25 years .... and the first thing i learned when i started winning on a regular basis was that i wasn't on the pipes or in the boards ... i was keeping it rubber down and not making mistakes. when i tq, i feel like i'm turning slow laps .... Drake or Maifield could win no matter what they are driving and that is really what it boils down to.... SKILL!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:10 PM
thebombster

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

i've been racing for over 25 years .... and the first thing i learned when i started winning on a regular basis was that i wasn't on the pipes or in the boards ... i was keeping it rubber down and not making mistakes. when i tq, i feel like i'm turning slow laps .... Drake or Maifield could win no matter what they are driving and that is really what it boils down to.... SKILL!

no ur completly right and i use to run a hellfire and come in 3rd place. just saying that when u get into the higher priced truggy's u tend to get a little more qualitiy and part support. but ur right.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
nitroexpress

Nothing you have will keep up with "The Car". So can we end this story of how great you are? j/k
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ducts-car.html
Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 AM
thebombster

i actually have the THE CAR buggy its pretty good.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:39 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Losi 8ight-t with os .28xz. Total cost was like $400. Look around for a while and you can find yourself an expensive car for cheaper than you think. I also believe it all comes down to driving ability.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 PM
nitroexpress

Dude, you have no credibility.On another thread you state you have a D8. Now you state that you have "the Car" and it's not even out yet.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

Dude, you have no credibility. On another thread you state you have a D8. Now you state that you have ''the Car'' and it's not even out yet. [img][/img]
nice!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 PM
thebombster

thats because i test alomost every buggy i test then sell them. im allowed to have over 2 cars ya dip****. your ****en stupid and yes the car is out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.