Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Kawasakirider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Hey everyone, I've been out of RC for a long time, due to financial issues. Recently I've come into a fair bit of money, a large portion of it is going to veterinary care and the remainder I have to play with. I want to get an RC going again to bash around the property I live on and maybe in the future take to a few track days.

I already own an X1 CRT with a BCE PJ2R chassis, DACE MFG towers, one piece engine mount, etc. I need a radio, backplate for the M427 (which I cannot find in Australia) and batteries for the starter box and other stuff.

I am considering sourcing the stuff to get the CRT going OR selling it and buying and 8T 2.0 RTR or an XXL LST.

Keep in mind I want to bash and want durability (one of the reasons I left MT's to go to uggies in the first place). I've been out of the loop a long time and would like to keep this as cheap as possible.

crt pics

I have a ton of parts for it, which makes it ideal for a basher. I just have no idea how much it's gunna cost me to set up. I need (from what I can remember, there's probably more)

Backplate for 427 (the crank is grinded, so if I just use a spin start backplate ((which I can get in Aus)) it should be OK, correct?)
Battery for starter box, not sure what I need
Rx/TX (spectrum 2.4ghz is a must)

I'll be getting my stuff from www.*********.com.au (I would usually import from the US but shipping expensive atm). Would you guys be kind enough to see if I can get the engine details sorted from that site? Pretty sure I would be best sticking with the CRT, but the allure of a new truck is nice LOL.

Regardless of what direction I go, anyone got any info on the 8ight T 2.0 RTR or the XXL LST (obviously I couldn't race the latter).

Old 08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Kawasakirider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to do?

Had a look at the CRT and decided that with everything that's on it (BCE chassis, Small spur conversion, king heads chassis braces, dace mfg 4mm shock towers etc) that it would be a way better truck than an out of the box rtr 8ight.

I have a starter box and here's what I need....

12v Gel Cell battery for the starter box (my old one would be dead)
Hump pack (old one would be dead)
Rechargeable glow ignitor (you guessed it, old one would be dead)
Backplate for the M427
2.4ghz radio, was gunna grab the DX2S, anyone have any feedback on this radio?
Fuel
Loctite
OS # 8's

SOOO here's my question... I have the nub ground off the M427 crankshaft, so no matter what backplate I put on, I won't have any resistance and the extra weight of a PS/Spin start backplate isn't gunna worry me because I'm bashing it. (Ideally I'd grab a starter box backplate, but I can't find one on *********.com.au).

So I was going to use this
http://*********.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=36807

and use this over the back of it to seal it from dirt
http://*********.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=36802

Is this going to work? Or will there still be a hole and create an airleak because there's no starter shaft to be sealed by the OWB? (I can't remember backplates that well)

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK ON THAT SITE AND TELL ME IF THERE IS A STARTER BOX BACKPLATE THAT WILL FIT?! Here's the link to the backplate page http://*********.com.au/store/advanc...kplate&x=0&y=0

This should be the cheapest way, I'd say. I'll have a good basher in the end.

EDIT

If I have to, I'll order from amain and grab the gel cell, the ignitor and the easy stuff locally, but I NEED a backplate for the 427. I can't find anything on amain either, I know the sportwerks .26 backplate fits it, but they don't sell it anymore. Do amain have any backplates that fit the 427?

Please help.