Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Heeelp- Caster F8T with Turnigy B36-56-06 1800kv Inrunner

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Heeelp- Caster F8T with Turnigy B36-56-06 1800kv Inrunner

Old 08-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Arkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heeelp- Caster F8T with Turnigy B36-56-06 1800kv Inrunner

Just got this car and it came bundled with his motor - www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp

im guessing the ESC:60 means 60 Amps right? but what burst current should i be aiming for when buying an esc? i found a Turnigy Plush 60Amp for £40 but the seller told me it only has a 80A bust and i should get a controller with a 150A burst for a car... also according to the comments on that site its a 2 pole motor.. so basically, as im new to brushless i don't have a bloody clue what im doing, im wondering if someone could help me fine a cheap esc that can run this motor and not blow up, the car is quite heavy so im guessing it will need some grunt. like i said they say its 2 pole but as far as i know you can setup the esc for the right amount of poles right? also as the motor max voltage is like 19v, id probably be running it on 2 7.2V NiMh batteries... sorry for the bother but im used to brushed setups.. if i have a 15t motor i get a 15t or lower esc and im done.. all these poles, timings and stuff... confuses me.. i built a bike with a brushless motor but that was as simple as connecting the wires to the esc and im off... lol
Old 08-20-2010, 07:03 AM
genitor

Default RE: Heeelp- Caster F8T with Turnigy B36-56-06 1800kv Inrunner

That Turnigy plush esc is for a plane, you will need a car esc.
Don't worry too much about burst rating, just ensure that you get a car esc with an Amp rating higher than your motors amp rating.
Typically for a 1/8 buggy you will need a 80A or higher esc.
That motor should be good enough to power a 1/8 buggy, it being a 2 pole motor is perfectly fine for this application.
14 cell nimh should be a good voltage to run but you should really consider using 4s Lipo as your nimh's might have a hard time supplying the needed current.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Arkz

ah thanks, yeah i thought about lipo but im just not happy with their instability, and il need a new charger, i already have a twin 5A charger, seen some mtronics 5000mAh NiMH sport packs which i think would go well in it.. tbh need some new ones.. im using old 2000mAh NiCds for my E-Maxx and they aint so great lol, i got a couple of 3800NiMH but they have a really weak power draw.. fully charged they suck in my small monster so they really suck in the e-maxx. cheap ebay crap lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 PM
genitor

Lipos really aren't as unstable as people make them out to be and they can be had for less than the good nimh packs theses days too.
Even the chargers are no longer expensive if you shop at the right place.

There are just a few guidelines to follow when using lipos and then they are very safe.

Check out hobbycity.com and you will see the prices are reasonable.